going next december

mrjbwright37

just decided today to go to wdw next december. we were planning on a june vacation but want to experience wdw during the holidays. we're wanting to go between thanksgiving and christmas but during a less crowded time. does anybody think dec 3-9 will be very crowded?

crazydaveh

I think that will be a good time. I was there this year (2004) during that window and the weekends were busy, but not as bad as this week!

The weekdays should be great... remember though, the weather is weird here that time of year. I believe we experienced some of the coldest nights of the season that week in 2004.

I was also there during the Christmas Holiday... it was dead only becasuse it was 50 degrees and raining. On December 27th, the rain stopped, the sun came out and the people did too. I believe several of the parks hit capacity that day and throughout the week.

Here's a picture of the Magicv Kingdom on Christmas Eve at 9 AM when the park opened. This is a true measure of how the weather can play with the crowds!

Attachments

• empty park.JPG
    empty park.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

mrjbwright37 said:
just decided today to go to wdw next december. we were planning on a june vacation but want to experience wdw during the holidays. we're wanting to go between thanksgiving and christmas but during a less crowded time. does anybody think dec 3-9 will be very crowded?
It shouldnt be too bad at all. Usually weekdays are better than weekends just in general and the only things that I know that might be going on around that time is the Mega Mouse Meet for Deb Will's Site, All earsnet.com and possibly the Pop Warner competition thingy I ran into this year. Are you planning on staying at one of the Value resorts?? I ask because that is where the majority of the Pop Warner group got put, and you may want to keep that in mind whe booking your hotel!! Belle
P.S. Hey Crazey Dave I love the picture!!! Very nice!!!

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

We too are planning a trip in December from the 8th through the 18th. The bad part is that the new MYW packages can only be booked for 8 nights, so we are not covered for 2 nights. So, we might have to change rooms midway through our vacation.

This is not a good thing for Disney. Because, if we have to change rooms, it takes away from time in the parks, and if we have to pack everything up to move it, we might as well just go to another resort. Now, this is a bad thing because my honey has always wanted to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel or at Portifino Bay Hotel. So, Disney is most likely going to lose my money for 3 nights....not just 2 if they insist on booking packages for only 8 nights max.

Can you say bad marketing idea? They are pushing MYW as a way to stay longer for less money, but they limit how long?!?! :hammer:

Rant over....sorry....long frustrating day of trying to plan a trip for me and my honey and also 6 other family members. :eek: Maggie

Upvote 0

mrjbwright37

Original Poster
wannabeBelle said:
It shouldnt be too bad at all. Usually weekdays are better than weekends just in general and the only things that I know that might be going on around that time is the Mega Mouse Meet for Deb Will's Site, All earsnet.com and possibly the Pop Warner competition thingy I ran into this year. Are you planning on staying at one of the Value resorts?? I ask because that is where the majority of the Pop Warner group got put, and you may want to keep that in mind whe booking your hotel!! Belle
P.S. Hey Crazey Dave I love the picture!!! Very nice!!!
yea we're planning on staying at all star movies resort. how soon does everybody advise we book our room? only 4 adults so just 1 room.
thanks everybody for the great info! and for the pic crazeydave!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
mickeysaver said:
We too are planning a trip in December from the 8th through the 18th. The bad part is that the new MYW packages can only be booked for 8 nights, so we are not covered for 2 nights. So, we might have to change rooms midway through our vacation.

This is not a good thing for Disney. Because, if we have to change rooms, it takes away from time in the parks, and if we have to pack everything up to move it, we might as well just go to another resort. Now, this is a bad thing because my honey has always wanted to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel or at Portifino Bay Hotel. So, Disney is most likely going to lose my money for 3 nights....not just 2 if they insist on booking packages for only 8 nights max.

Can you say bad marketing idea? They are pushing MYW as a way to stay longer for less money, but they limit how long?!?! :hammer:

Rant over....sorry....long frustrating day of trying to plan a trip for me and my honey and also 6 other family members. :eek: Maggie

If you want your trip priced with the 10 days, please call me and I will do it for you. 1-866-566-7858

Pam

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
mrjbwright37 said:
yea we're planning on staying at all star movies resort. how soon does everybody advise we book our room? only 4 adults so just 1 room.
thanks everybody for the great info! and for the pic crazeydave!

You can book your room/pkg at any time. If you need help with your reservations, please feel free to call me.

Pam

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there all, First off id advise you to change to Pop Century if you at all can. The All Stars will be very crowded with the Pop Warner kids if that is the week for the event. I would check with Pam of Kingdom Konsultant just to be sure!!! I have used Pam for a while now to book my trips and have had great experiences with her. Are you 4 adults in one room?? For any of the Value level hotels that is going to be a bit small no?? There are only 2 full size beds per room so everyone will be sharing a bed and with all the luggage?? Sounds a bit cramped for me!! Hey Dave that is amazing I tell ya!!! I dont think I have EVER seen the parks that quiet much less alone on one of the busiest days of the year!!! Hey Mickeysaver I am sure you can book for 10 days, possibly not online at the moment, but I Am sure that if anyone can do it, it will be Pam!!! Good luck on that!!! Belle

Upvote 0

jmfuents

We just went 12/4-12/12 and the most we waited on line for anything was 10 minutes. THE most crowded place we went was stinkin' Downtown Disney because EVERYBODY in Florida seemed to be Christmas shopping when we went!
As far as the parks, the crowds were very manageable, and with Fastpass, the lines just zipped along.

Upvote 0

TnkrBelPixiDust

Wow.. My mom announced on Christmas that were going to be going down in December also...Im happy to hear that the lines will be minimal and I will be able to enjoy Disney @ Xmas!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom