Going in June?

brydonj

Hello everyone,We're heading back to Florida for the 4th time, but it'll be our first time going in June. We'll be there from 1st to 15th June 2006 and was just wondering what the queues will be like.Most places I've read say June is very busy, but we were hoping that the first two weeks in June would miss the worst of the school holidays and stuff... anyone ever been at that time and know what we can expect? 4 weeks today .... !!

Nemo14

The beginning of the month is busy, but no where near as busy as July. It will be quite hot though, so be sure to drink plenty of water!

Upvote 0

RedGear

I think Florida and the southern states are out of school, but I know that the nothern states (like Michigan) don't get done untill about the 1st or second week of June, so you might get lucky!

Upvote 0

poohbear6103

I think it won't be too bad because it's the first week or so. It's later in the month that it gets worse. I have been in early June before and this time we are going the 3rd to the 11th so we'll be there at the same time. As for the weather, it will be hot, but I am used to going in late August/early September,
so this will be a treat weather wise. 30 more days yeah!!!
Enjoy your trip :)

Upvote 0

hokielutz

You will have a good number of the country's school systems on Summar break at that time. In northern Virginia, school doesn't break until the 16th of June. I know other school systems follow this similar timeline, but not all. Late July and early August is the absolute worst time to go with the exceptions of the holidays and spring break.

I will be there the last week in June, due primarily to the school year ending in the middle of June... oh well..... That's where the Unofficial Guide to WDW will prove its usefulness!

Upvote 0

PamelaNiebergal

Last year we went from June 4-June 26. It was busy right from the start and I suppose you could say it got progressively worse but not by too much. Either way, it was never unmanageable. Utilize EMH and fastpass and you will be fine.

Upvote 0
My husband and I always plan our trips promptly after school gets out for the summer. We are both teachers and want to beat the crowds. From about June 2nd or 3rd~ until about the 7th, we have found the crowds to be lighter. As the days go by, we have found each day gets more crowded. Last year we got there on Memorial Day and the parks were full. After about three days, the parks thinned out~ and for a few days, we have found it to be very nice. The first two weeks of June is when we go every year. Three years ago, we had all the characters practically to ourselves for photos~ both mornings and evenings. Hope this year is the same for you. We cannot go until the very end of July~ into the very beginning of August. Good luck!

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

goofyoverdisney said:
My husband and I always plan our trips promptly after school gets out for the summer. We are both teachers and want to beat the crowds. From about June 2nd or 3rd~ until about the 7th, we have found the crowds to be lighter. As the days go by, we have found each day gets more crowded. Last year we got there on Memorial Day and the parks were full. After about three days, the parks thinned out~ and for a few days, we have found it to be very nice. The first two weeks of June is when we go every year. Three years ago, we had all the characters practically to ourselves for photos~ both mornings and evenings. Hope this year is the same for you. We cannot go until the very end of July~ into the very beginning of August. Good luck!
three years ago, tourism was still significantly down...it's back up now.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom