Going in April for Spring Break

We're planning a trip for April and it's me and 2 children, 12 and 4. I've researched, plotted and planned and about to buy tix, rooms and airfare. I'm also disabled, and pooh sized. Big question, will I regret this trip and should I call it off? Disneyland is a thought too, as you don't have to pre-plan everything 6 months ago. Have read so many horror stories of off season trips.

I'm afraid that my spring break trip will be hell. The kind where Satan makes you pay for $5 drinks, nasty pizza and has long lines to the brimstone pools.

This is our first, maybe last trip there, though I'm thinking of going again in less than a year. Please be honest and I'm open to recommendations. This trip is too expensive to mince words.

My 4 year old is psyched but the 12 year old could gaf except for Star Wars attractions. I want to see Disney and Universal, and they both want Legoland. Thanks.

Neverland44

Original Poster
August in France is vacation month, when the entire country leaves Paris to go to the beach for the month.
DL in Anaheim or DL in Paris are similar in that there are two parks that you can easily walk back and forth between them. I enjoy them more than Florida, where it is always a madhouse of people and spread out between parks and resorts. DLP is such a beautiful park, and DL is the original, with so many attractions piled on top of each other. The "second" parks in each location are not as great, but DCA is much better than it used to be, and even WDSP has some things worth doing. From a planning perspective, they don't require anywhere near the advance planning of Florida. Both cities also have plenty of non-Disney things to do and see.
Paris in January will likely be much colder.

Enjoy!
Is DL Anaheim the better choice for value and weather during January?

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We're planning a trip for April and it's me and 2 children, 12 and 4. I've researched, plotted and planned and about to buy tix, rooms and airfare. I'm also disabled, and pooh sized. Big question, will I regret this trip and should I call it off? Disneyland is a thought too, as you don't have to pre-plan everything 6 months ago. Have read so many horror stories of off season trips.

I'm afraid that my spring break trip will be hell. The kind where Satan makes you pay for $5 drinks, nasty pizza and has long lines to the brimstone pools.

This is our first, maybe last trip there, though I'm thinking of going again in less than a year. Please be honest and I'm open to recommendations. This trip is too expensive to mince words.

My 4 year old is psyched but the 12 year old could gaf except for Star Wars attractions. I want to see Disney and Universal, and they both want Legoland. Thanks.

We went during Christmas week (arrived Christmas eve) and it was the first time for myself, my husband, and our then almost three year old daughter. We didn't know what to expect except that the parks would be crowded. And we didn't know what we would want to do, either, having never been there before. So my advice, from someone who was in your shoes:

1) Make a list of the must do items for each park and prioritize those things.

2) When you check in to your third fastpass and you're waiting in the queue, go on the app and try to snag another fastpass

3) Expect crowds, but don't let that scare you off! Hit the parks at rope drop and you should be able to squeeze in everything you want to do

4) Budget a LOT of time for the pool. I've read so many trip reports and everyone says their kids favorite part of Disney is the pool. I didn't think that would be the case with my princess obsessed daughter, but it's been a few months now and she still says her favorite thing was the pool.

5) Don't be afraid to scrap the plan. Plan, make ADRs, make fastpasses, but when you get there and your 4 year old is melting down or your 12 year old is begging for the water slides at the resort.... hitting that last fastpass or one more spin on the tea cups won't be worth it.

Have fun, and good luck!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom