Going for our Honeymoon

mlcrisp

Original Poster
We are staying on property for our honeymoon. First time either one of us has. Does anyone have any suggestions on things that we should make sure we do?

Yoop33

We are staying on property for our honeymoon. First time either one of us has. Does anyone have any suggestions on things that we should make sure we do?

I am sorry no one has responded to your thread yet. What things are you looking to do? Have you been to the resort before? Where you staying and when are you coming? I assume in March from your sig.
There is plenty to do and you are asking the right people but probably in the wrong section because not too many people look in WDW TIPS. Try the GENERAL section

kstella

Since it's your honeymoon, the more romantic the better. Maybe try a horse drawn carriage ride at FW. You could splurge and have dinner at Victoria and Albert's. For fun you could try parasailing or renting a little speed boat on Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake.

mlcrisp

Original Poster
Thank you both! I have been out of it caught up in work the last month. I appreciate your responses!!!!!

blue donkey

My DH & I watched the fireworks & electric boat parade from the beach one night from the Poly beach. They played the fireworks music & only 2 other couples shared the beach with us so we had plenty of space. It felt like we were watching it on our own.

+: free!
-: can't guarantee a romantic feel if tons of families are on the beach. don't know if it was just luck that the beach was practically empty

Enjoy your trip!

Philo

Sorry, I only just waw this thread. You might get a few more responses if you put it in the 'Trip Planning' or in the 'Honeymoon' (a sub-board of the 'Trip Planning') boards. That way your post will show on the front page!

I'll be going on my honeymoon in April and it will both of our first times staying on property. There is lots to do but neither of us are really the romantic type so things like carriage rides are out. We will however be eating at some of the nicest restaurants, spending money on things like the boat hire for illuminations, surfing lessons etc. Basically anything we want to do but wouldn't normally because of the cost. If a pirates and princess party is going on whilst your there you should look at getting tickets. I've heard its a great night (we will be going!)

Speaking of the cost, have you considered using Disneys Honeymoon Registry? We have signed up for it and it seems pretty good. With any luck most of our meals will be paid for through that (plus you get a special honeymoon gift card which, I've heard, will often get you a free desert!). PM me if you have any questions about it.

Another thing we will (hopefully) be doing is having the 'Romantic Photo Session' at the Magic Kingdom. This, as far as I can tell, will give you a set of photos in the Magic Kingdom beore the park opens so there will be some great shots. It's a little expensive but a really nice memory. We will also be using the photopass as often as possible.

A trip to the beach at the Poly is definatly on the cards (thats about as romantic as we get) and we have planned meals at the california grill during the fireworks.

If you want to book meals I suggest you do it right now! I book all of mine 180 days in advance (thank you to all the adive on this forum!) and getting the times we wanted was still a little tricky.

Hope that helps

MusicAngel1016

You can go out on the observation decks at California Grill during the fireworks. If you go to the one farther from the MK, you don't get the piped in music, BUT there's not as many people. That's when my fiancee decided to propose, so I think it's nicer than having a crowd around!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom