Going back soon! Excited but also confused 🤔

disneypearl

I’m so excited to be going back to WDW in June! I used to vacation there twice a year but unfortunately had to take some time away for a little over two years. I always used to be on top of all the news and things to be aware of when planning a trip. I stopped paying attention when I knew that I wouldn’t be able to go back for awhile. Now, I feel a little lost. I was hoping maybe I can get some answers here.

Genie+
- Is it important to start scheduling at 7am?
- Can you get another attraction lined up after you scan one like Fastpass +?
- How many times can it be typically used in a day?
- Not planning on buying Lightning Lane but do you use the same line as this?

My tickets & Resort info:
Passholder (Incredi-Pass) & Staying on Property

Park Reservations? Is it still a thing?
- Do we need to make reservation’s for a Park ahead of time? Or, is it back to being able to go wherever you want once again without reservations.

Park Hopping
-Can you hop whenever you want or does it still need to be after 2pm?

Dining Reservations
Do you make them at 60 days?

Thanks for any answers or information you can pass on. It seems like there’s been so many changes that it’s hard to know if the information I find/hear is the most current.

Please check out Kingdom Konsultants blog on Genie+ it’s a wealth of information! There are so many other blogs that will help you as well. Reservations have stopped and yes you make your dining reservations at 60 days.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Please check out Kingdom Konsultants blog on Genie+ it’s a wealth of information! There are so many other blogs that will help you as well. Reservations have stopped and yes you make your dining reservations at 60 days.
@disneypearl has an Incredi-pass. She will need to make park reservations as APs (even those staying onsite) still have to do so - with the exception of bonus days or first visiting a park after 2 pm.

Visiting the MK prior to 2 pm on a Saturday or Sunday always requires an AP park reservation.

Edit to add:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disneypearl

Original Poster
@disneypearl has an Incredi-pass. She will need to make park reservations as APs (even those staying onsite) still have to do so - with the exception of bonus days or first visiting a park after 2 pm.

Visiting the MK prior to 2 pm on a Saturday or Sunday always requires an AP park reservation.

Edit to add:
Thank you so much! 😊 That clears up a lot for me. Helpful link as well.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
You can park hop at any time now.

Both G+ and the Individual Lightning Lane (ILL) use the same line.

DAS is changing if that applies.

As for G+ for some rides like Slinky, you need to book at 7am. In theory whether you book at 7am or a minute before park opening doesn’t make a difference.

But G+ has been selling out recently for some parks. The multipark option also sells out sometimes.

You can book another G+ either
- when you tap in to it
Or
- 2 hrs after booking it

In both cases it applies to the G+ that you booked last, not the return time. The app shows when you can next book but it will show you re end of your ride window and then update when you tap in.

You can modify a G+ to a new time or a new ride in the same park. Modifying doesn’t reset the clock on booking another. If you cancel it does.

How many you get depends on the park and how you use it. It’s possible to enter a park at 4 or 5pm with 4-5 stacked for the evening. Many people use a mixture of stacking and “grab & ride”.

Upvote 0

disneypearl

Original Poster
You can park hop at any time now.

Both G+ and the Individual Lightning Lane (ILL) use the same line.

DAS is changing if that applies.

As for G+ for some rides like Slinky, you need to book at 7am. In theory whether you book at 7am or a minute before park opening doesn’t make a difference.

But G+ has been selling out recently for some parks. The multipark option also sells out sometimes.

You can book another G+ either
- when you tap in to it
Or
- 2 hrs after booking it

In both cases it applies to the G+ that you booked last, not the return time. The app shows when you can next book but it will show you re end of your ride window and then update when you tap in.

You can modify a G+ to a new time or a new ride in the same park. Modifying doesn’t reset the clock on booking another. If you cancel it does.

How many you get depends on the park and how you use it. It’s possible to enter a park at 4 or 5pm with 4-5 stacked for the evening. Many people use a mixture of stacking and “grab & ride”.
Thank you! That’s very helpful.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Touring Plans also have great videos on each park both with and without G+

Search for Touring Plans teaches or Touring Plans Genie+

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

I found Ear Scouts on YouTube to have great tips for using G+. He does a great job and gives good tips for using G+.
I absolutely LOVE Ear Scouts! This is be my first trip with Genie, and I would be lost without Rob and Erick. Mammouth Club is also another sire/channel that someone in this group recommended to me.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

I absolutely LOVE Ear Scouts! This is be my first trip with Genie, and I would be lost without Rob and Erick. Mammouth Club is also another sire/channel that someone in this group recommended to me.
We may end up using G+ for the first time as well and Ear Acouts has made me confident I can do it🤣 I’ll definitely check out Mammoth Club as well! Thanks for the recommendation!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom