Going at Christmas

DizneeFanatic

While I am happy to say I have been to the Magic Kingdom a gazillion times, I have never been there during Christmas week. I was planning on going to the Magic Kingdom on December 28th. I am a little nervous about crowds, lines, ect. So I am seeking ANY advice about going to Disney at such a crowded time. :veryconfu

shopgirl146

I went during Christmas once and it was EXTREMELY crowded to say the least. When we were there the parks reached capacity early in the morning and the only people they were letting in were on the Disney buses. Thank goodness we were staying at a Disney resort or else we would have been out of luck. My advice would be to get to the parks as early as you can to make sure that you get in! Although it was crowded we still had a great time and I'm sure you will too! Feel free to ask me any more specific questions that you have! :)

Upvote 0

DizneeFanatic

Original Poster
Thanks alot for the great information. I do have a few questions though.
1) Were fastpasses obtainable/usefull?
2) Is park hopping a good idea?
3) When is the best time to do the most popular rides?
Thanks alot again for the information.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

For the most part, Fastpasses are available, but your return time may be as many as 5 or more hours later in the day. Mission Space and Test Track run out before noon. The rest of the rides will still ahve Fastpasses for the majority of the day, and sometimes into the night. You'll get your most attractions done earlier in the morning and late in the afternoon. Fantasyland ALWAYS seemed crowded, kinda nightmarish. To keep a level of serenity, make sure you "do" those great attractions you sometimes pass over even though they are great: Tom Sawyer, TTA, Swiss Family and others that gobble up crowds or don't attract as many.

If you are staying at a Disney Resort, I would def. take the mid afternoon break. Crowds are very bad in the afternoon. We usually skip out by 11 and return after dinner time to a different park, so yes, park hopping is good.

Upvote 0

shopgirl146

As surfsupdon said the best time to do your favorite attractons is early and to get your fast passes early, too. When I went we didn't do a lot of park hopping because of the parks were at maximum capacity and were afraid that we wouldn't be able to get back into the parks.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

disneydisney said:
So you can park hop, if you stay on property, if parks are at maximum capacity?

But of course you can! And you should b/c afternoon and early evening are congested beyond belief. Enjoy your trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom