Going alone- ideas?

robynchic

I'm going to be going to WDW on my own for spring break. With that in mind, I was trying to think of what I might want to pack in my bag when I'm wandering the parks, because that's what I'll pack to bring with me from home. I haven't gone without doing at least a week of work in years, so I'm a bit befuddled as to what to pack.

Obviously, I'll be packing clothes. I also need to pack some stuff for the day(s) I plan to work. I know I'll be packing jeans. I may pack a pair of shorts, but in 81 degrees, I can be comfortable in jeans all day. I'm also planning on bringing a warm-ish cardigan, because I get cold all too easily! Sunblock, baseball cap, Nalgene water bottle (so I don't have to buy water in the parks)...

Then there's the "what can I do to entertain myself" question. Usually, I'll be standing alone alone in lines, not really talking to anyone. I was thinking that this time, I might bring a small knitting project to keep in my bag for the time that I'm waiting in line, or in my seat or whatever. I've also forgotten how rainy it is this time of year. Should I pack an umbrella in my bag for every day?

Thanks for the advice! I feel really silly asking all of these questions!

Juliaz3

Be friendly and have fun!

As far as what to pack, remember that you can rent lockers to stowe stuff you don't want to haul around. I think it's pretty cheap.

Benefit of going solo: You can get in the "single rider" lines at some of the most popular attractions!

I wouldn't worry about standing in line and being bored. Just strike up a conversation with those around you and see what happens. I was sitting alone after MK fireworks waiting for my boyfriend and met a nice family because I noticed their accent sounded familiar. They were from the same area I am and we had a great conversation.

Going alone might seem lonely, but at Disney I can imagine you'll have a great time going at your own pace and seeing/doing what you most want to do.

Upvote 0

jcc0621

I've gone alone before. I would bring a book for those times when I couldn't really strike up a conversation with someone (very rare, but it does happen), and for also when you are eating.

Enjoy your trip..:wave:

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I always go to WDW by myself - and just love it -- you can completely go at your own pace and do whatever you want however you want - eat whenever you want, bypass attractions you have no interest in that you might otherwise need to do with someone else...you will be amazed at how fun it is on your own!

I'm not one to want to strike up conversations with others -- so I won't talk to those around me usually -- but I think you will also find that waits in lines are not that long, because when you go by yourself, judicious use of fastpass will allow you to experience attractions with no lines while you wait for your fastpass and you will rarely wait in any lines.

Have fun!!! Don't forget your camera!

Upvote 0

St205

I just came home from a solo trip this Sunday. I had a blast. You should too. Here are some suggestions:
1)Don't be afraid to talk to anyone in line,most people easily strike up a conversation. For example last week,during AK EMH I was standing alone in the bus stop back to the hotel,then a nice family from Canada came along,and I asked them if they had a good time. The girls were talking about what they rode,did,etc..VERY excited. That was quite nice.

2)Wanna escape from the crowds? Grab a bus to Fort Wilderness and walk along the nature trail...very pretty and don't miss out the Electrical Water Pageant each night!

3)Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk are lively places for singles.

4)If you want pictures with characters take note:character interaction alone is awesome. No matter what your age,they will gladly pose and interact with you,there are Photographers or Character attendants or hand to take a picture...so pack your camera! I had a blast,truly made me feel like a kid again.

5)Best thing about being solo? Finally it's all about YOU. Do whatever the heck you want. I did and I will never forget it. Have fun!

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

Going alone can be a lot of fun.

Pack what you want to keep yourself entertained. The best part of flying solo is single rider lines! Oh how you can have so much fun not waiting in long lines.

Start conversations with families or people in line. I've done that and met some really cool people. Strike up some conversations with CM's. If you're there on Thursday, they're all at PI that night because it's payday!

If you're up to it, put the word out on WDWMAGIC.COM about which date you'll be there and some pretty cool people will meet up with you, but if you don't feel comfy doing that, just go and have a blast!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom