GMR Major Rehab?

bgraham34

The ride needs some updates. I love the ride but most of the movies people today just can not relate too. Sad yes, but most kids know video games and thats it. I dont mind Leaving most of the classics but some newer one should be thrown it. And the movie at the end is terrible make some changes bring it up to date.

And I liked the old Aliens version better more drama.

Crazy Harry

bgraham34 said:
And the movie at the end is terrible make some changes bring it up to date.

I like the original idea of having a large AA scene of the most noteable movie characters all singing the theme.

Since1976

Was GMR even built with updates and expansions in mind, or is that building space pretty much filled out?

The only thing that has changed in the 15 years I've experienced it is the clip reel near the end.

I wonder how easy it would be to build out an expansion somewhere in the middle of the ride, so that the ride vehicles go into a new area before returning to the old path?

Since1976

bgraham34 said:
Sad yes, but most kids know video games and thats it.

OT, but I just had a vision of Disney one day opening a park devoted to video game characters. Disney XBOX Playstation Studios, anyone?

I'll be in line for the Great Video Game Ride... :hammer:

Hmm, come to think of it, DisneyQuest is a step in that direction...

Crazy Harry

Since1976 said:
Was GMR even built with updates and expansions in mind, or is that building space pretty much filled out?

The only thing that has changed in the 15 years I've experienced it is the clip reel near the end.

I wonder how easy it would be to build out an expansion somewhere in the middle of the ride, so that the ride vehicles go into a new area before returning to the old path?

I doubt expanding it is phesible, but updating and/or changing scenes is really the only way to change this ride. Like, for example, switching out alien for harry potter, or the sorcorer mickey scene for an episode 3 obi/ani fight scene ect. :D

I'm sure there are other scenes that would be ok to replace, I just cannot recall the ride well enough. I know I definetly love everything up to and including the gangster scene.

SpenceMan01

Crazy Harry said:
Like, for example, switching out ... the sorcorer mickey scene for an episode 3 obi/ani fight scene ect. :D

I'm sure you realize that it would never happen and if it did you'd have EVERY person on these boards crying foul!

Crazy Harry

SpenceMan01 said:
I'm sure you realize that it would never happen and if it did you'd have EVERY person on these boards crying foul!

Because of what would go in or what it would replace because honestly that scene is a little lacking for me. If it was a true scene and not just a video screen, then that would be a different animal.

DisneySam

I love the GMR, it just needs some TLC. [I can't recall a great deal of detail about my last ride, as I was jammed into the car on our row.] But I like the ride and am a classic movie fan. I can see how if you aren't it would be boring. Just keep the Wizard of Oz and Casablanca....and the Gangster scene, LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom