Glad I do not have auto start feature.

Lilofan

Original Poster
I have seen it at least 2x. Once in the Epcot parking lot. Poor guest thought they were locking the car before boarding the tram. Instead the car was started again from the key fob feature with the doors locked. Security could not assist so when guests come back to their car after a day in the park, the car may be out of gas..

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I had an after market auto start installed in my car and it turned off after 21 minutes. Which isn't to say my car couldn't run out of gas, but if I had a non-empty tank, it would have been fine, even with the AC blasting

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Except most remote starters only run the car for 15 minutes before automatically shutting off. ;)
This ^^

While I am sure there is an exception out there somewhere, I have yet to run into a car with a remote start feature that will not shut the car off after a particular amount of time. Toyota shuts off after 10 minutes. Honda will run for 10-20 minutes. Ford can be set to run for 5, 10 or 15 minutes etc.

Some cars with a keyless start will shut off after a period of time of idle (usually around 2 hours) even when not remotely started.

Lilofan

Original Poster
Except most remote starters only run the car for 15 minutes before automatically shutting off. ;)
Never heard of that. With keyless entry push button start the car would run out of gas if you walked away and just let the engine idle and run until the gas tank is empty. The Nissan Altima rental is exactly what happened to this poor guy at a convention at the hotel I was at recently.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Never heard of that. With keyless entry push button start the car would run out of gas if you walked away and just let the engine idle and run until the gas tank is empty. The Nissan Altima rental is exactly what happened to this poor guy at a convention at the hotel I was at recently.
He was either on vapor, something was wrong with the car or the car was not remotely started as Nissan's are programmed to shut off after 10 minutes when remote started.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
My Chrysler turns off after 15 minutes if I remote start it. My Nissan Altima was 10 minutes. If it kept going there must have been an issue with the vehicle. Which is really sad for it to happen at Disney. My whole transmission blew on my old car driving to Disney before. :(

NYwdwfan

My Chevy runs for 10 minutes and to remote start it you have to push the lock button twice and then hold down the auto start button for 3 seconds before it activates. Kinda hard to do accidentally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom