Give the Trams a Car Wash!

EeyoreFan#24

I don’t know, but wondering if the trams have to be taken to a service area with water containment to be washed due to environmental regulations/concerns. All the companies I’ve worked at consider vehicle washing as creating contaminated runoff since there could be oil, grease, etc being washed off.

Maybe they only get washed when taken somewhere for maintenance, not as a general PM.

Lilofan

I don’t know, but wondering if the trams have to be taken to a service area with water containment to be washed due to environmental regulations/concerns. All the companies I’ve worked at consider vehicle washing as creating contaminated runoff since there could be oil, grease, etc being washed off.

Maybe they only get washed when taken somewhere for maintenance, not as a general PM.
I've seen trams just sit overnight in one part of the parking lot.

Andrew25

I've seen them pressure washed at the MK lot all the way in the back. Doubt they do a thorough cleaning more than once a quarter maybe lol

Goofyernmost

They have a power washer truck that sprays them down in the parking lot. Occasionally you will see them if you stay at the parks late, not sure if they've cut down on how often they clean them though.
I've been known to be wrong in the past, but to me the picture was taken either during or right after a rain event. So it might have been a day of dust followed by a rain that washed some of the dust of and not other parts, and it just streaked. I, of course, do not know what they follow as as reason or a standard of how often they are washed down. So it might be lower standards for just poor timing. Could be either.

1698781018238.png

Lilofan

I've been known to be wrong in the past, but to me the picture was taken either during or right after a rain event. So it might have been a day of dust followed by a rain that washed some of the dust of and not other parts, and it just streaked. I, of course, do not know what they follow as as reason or a standard of how often they are washed down. So it might be lower standards for just poor timing. Could be either.

View attachment 751900
That's why I don't drive a light colored vehicle.

Andrew25

View attachment 751900

Probably right for this photo, but I've been on some pretty unclean trams over the past few months.

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster

View attachment 751900
Photo was from yesterday at 8:32pm. There have been minor showers within the last week that likely caused the streaks. It probably is just the end of the cleaning cycle, but was surprisingly dirty to me. Given how easy it should be to clean a tram, I have a feeling it was just the end of the cleaning cycle.

JoeCamel

Most car dealers have their inventory washed most nights by a couple of guys with a pressure washer on a trailer or truck unless raining, there are not that many trams at WDW that they couldn't clean them. The monorails are cleaned inside every night still? They don't care any more as they should be shining as the OP said no reason on this day for the dirt

Smiley/OCD

The question that no one asked was were they ever cleaned /washed after returning to service when they were idle for the “pandemic” years? I have a funny feeling they were “gassed up”, and thrust into service without proper cleaning.

Lilofan

As the owner of white vehicles almost my whole adult life, white doesn’t show the pollen and dust like other colors do…and cars get pollen covered and dusty a lot faster than dirty…
True, my dark color cars show more dirt but it hides the scuff marks and the love bugs that stick and destroy your car front paint bumper.

John park hopper

Disney is going green by not washing the trams and letting mother nature wash them when it rains. Bob has calculated a big $ savings by going green so get used to dirty trams.

celluloid

I implore you to get on social media for the parks and share these. This is the best and modern way to make any waves. Guest Services is documenting but sometimes does not go anywhere. Nothing against guest services. Media is a great voice that brings it to the attention of potential guests/customers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom