Give the Trams a Car Wash!

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
While the tram service returned fairly recently, many of the tram carriages are looking dirty. Which is odd, because the trams should be cleaned fairly regularly and this amount of buildup should not happen. The dirt was slightly more visible in person.

IMG_3962.jpeg

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
While we are on the topic of transportation cleanliness, does anyone know the reason for different level of bug populations on the MK resort launches? Some days there are few bugs, while on other days bugs are plentiful. I don’t fault Disney too much on this as bugs are just a part of nature, but for reference here is a photo from a few days ago of the bug population on a resort launch. They really covered the walls!

Attachments

• IMG_1452.jpeg
    IMG_1452.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 107

monorail81

While we are on the topic of transportation cleanliness, does anyone know the reason for different level of bug populations on the MK resort launches? Some days there are few bugs, while on other days bugs are plentiful. I don’t fault Disney too much on this as bugs are just a part of nature, but for reference here is a photo from a few days ago of the bug population on a resort launch. They really covered the walls!
We were just on one of those yesterday and I commented to my husband how they hadn’t been cleaned in a while. I guess they don’t hose them down everyday.

Goofyernmost

The bug problem is usually minimal in WDW, but they are attracted to light and at nighttime there is an awful lot of light in the area. I never noticed it to be much except on the ferry's at MK and it has been like that for at least the 40 years that I have ridden them. They didn't bother the people but they would literally cover entire areas around the openings in the lower part at times, other times not a single one.

Goofyernmost

We were just on one of those yesterday and I commented to my husband how they hadn’t been cleaned in a while. I guess they don’t hose them down everyday.
Now that I think about it I have to wonder even where they would wash them. It is a train and even at best wouldn't have the area or system to clean the outside daily. I'd be way more concerned if the interiors were dirty. They are vehicles that are out in that Florida weather 24/7.

Andrew25

Now that I think about it I have to wonder even where they would wash them. It is a train and even at best wouldn't have the area or system to clean the outside daily. I'd be way more concerned if the interiors were dirty. They are vehicles that are out in that Florida weather 24/7.

They have a power washer truck that sprays them down in the parking lot. Occasionally you will see them if you stay at the parks late, not sure if they've cut down on how often they clean them though.

Disstevefan1

Agreed, they should be clean like they were in the old days but today, beggars cant be choosers. We are lucky we even have the trams today. Sad but true.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Agreed, they should be clean like they were in the old days but today, beggars cant be choosers. We are lucky we even have the trams today. Sad but true.

Continually lowering standards and "beggars can't be choosers" is exactly how things have become the way they are today. Do better. How long would you have a job if your performance continually fell but your excuse was, "beggars can't be choosers" and you said "things aren't like they were in the old days"?

Kamikaze

Continually lowering standards and "beggars can't be choosers" is exactly how things have become the way they are today. Do better. How long would you have a job if your performance continually fell but your excuse was, "beggars can't be choosers" and you said "things aren't like they were in the old days"?
If people continued to show up and give the place of business money at a rate that rises every year, a very long time.

Disstevefan1

WDW will do the same cr@p job no matter what we say here. I am happy we have trams. If no one rode the trams because they need a car wash, they would surely stop them again.

Is this bad? SURE IS! But it is what it is.

Who knows, maybe the power washer guy was out sick that week or maybe someone who works with the trams reads these posts and they will get cleaned.

Corylancaster

One thing I'm always curious about is if anybody ever reports these types of things to WDW directly? While I am sure this is a case of them cutting costs, it could also be an oversight or also a negligent employee. I remember a story from 5 or 6 years ago where the TV in spaceship earth was messed up and it was posted about here, then somebody reported it (Martin maybe?) and it was fixed over night.

Andrew25

One thing I'm always curious about is if anybody ever reports these types of things to WDW directly? While I am sure this is a case of them cutting costs, it could also be an oversight or also a negligent employee. I remember a story from 5 or 6 years ago where the TV in spaceship earth was messed up and it was posted about here, then somebody reported it (Martin maybe?) and it was fixed over night.

At the moment there is a "we don't need to fix it until someone notices it" culture at the parks right now. I'm sure CMs report it, they're just being ignored by management.

Kamikaze

Most people don't actually complain to Disney correctly. They will rage on the internet, but they won't take the step that might actually help.

Corylancaster

Most people don't actually complain to Disney correctly. They will rage on the internet, but they won't take the step that might actually help.
That was what I was getting at. I think if most of the complaints on this board were also reported directly to Disney in addition to being posted here then it might get the wheels moving on some of the issues, or at least the ones that haven't been caused by too many budget cuts

Kamikaze

That was what I was getting at. I think if most of the complaints on this board were also reported directly to Disney in addition to being posted here then it might get the wheels moving on some of the issues, or at least the ones that haven't been caused by too many budget cuts
It certainly doesn't hurt if people voice their opinions in the proper places. It might not always help in all situations - even something like this that could be either budget cuts or staffing, but the chances of something changing from a post on a forum is much lower than if people walk into Guest Services and actually say something.

ToTBellHop

The bugs have block out dates since they are only given Pixie Dust Passes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom