Give Kids the World

Magicmyway

Original Poster
Hey Everyone! There was a woman in the beauty shop today talking about this part of the program (her son did it years ago) and asked me if I was going to look into it. My question was what exactly do you do in the give kids the world program and how do you get involved? Thanks

kcw

hey I am a volunteer with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and we do a lot with Give Kids The World so maybe I can help ya out a little... haha when we grant Disneyworld wishes we usually schedule the child to stay at GKTW. Basically it is a hotel that is completely accomodated to children with disabilities. Its not like a typical hotel though, I think a lot of the "rooms" are actually separate hut like things for the entire family to stay in. Everything is acessible to kids in wheelchairs, including the pools and play areas. Like I said, it's really not like a hotel at all though; there's all kinds of things for kids and their families to do there, a lot of times there are characters there, its basically just an over-sized playground paradise for children that are disabled, extremely sick (like cancer), etc. GKTW is not directly affiliated with the Disney College Program BUT I read somewhere that CP's have the opportunity to volunteer at GKTW during their time off! I was so excited when I read that and know that I will be spending a lot of time there!

adjonline

From information for CPs and IPs:

"Every Sunday and Wednesday, College and International Program Cast Members can visit the Give Kids the World Village and voluntEAR by supervising children with life-threatening illnesses while their parents enjoy a night out at a Disney restaurant. To sign up to VoluntEAR at Give Kids the World, call the College and International Program Office at.........."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom