Girls, Hairstyles?

Klorhy

Original Poster
Try a dry shampoo or a salt water/beach texturizing spray! Spray it thoroughly in your hair after you have showered let it sit for a few minutes and then use a diffuser (a tool that attaches to a blow dryer) and you will get a touseled, low maintenance care free look that will hold up in Florida's humidity (just hit it with a anti humidity hairspray for a stronger hold)

My favorites are Texturizing sprays:

Aquage - Sea salt texturizing spray
Bumble and Bumble - Surf Spray
Beyond the Zone (Sally's) - Beachhead

My favorite Anti Humidity Hairsprays:

Beyond the Zone (Sally's) - Smooth Criminal
Big Sexy Hair - Spray and Play Harder
TRESemme -Climate protection finishing spray

Ooh thanks, will definitely look into these products! I'm not even taking a hairdryer though, our villa has one I'l be using but I very much doubt it'll have a diffuser! But my hair does dry naturally wavy though if I let it dry without using a hairdryer - so maybe some of these products will help it look nicer! I wasn't even aware you could get anti humidity hairsprays!

NiarrNDisney

Ooh thanks, will definitely look into these products! I'm not even taking a hairdryer though, our villa has one I'l be using but I very much doubt it'll have a diffuser! But my hair does dry naturally wavy though if I let it dry without using a hairdryer - so maybe some of these products will help it look nicer! I wasn't even aware you could get anti humidity hairsprays!

I've always noticed that most blow dryers found in resort rooms are the small dinky ones that do not have a long enough nozzle to allow for a device to be attached so you will probably have to bring your own. The purpose of a diffuser is to "diffuse" the powerful jet of air coming out of the blow dryer disbursing it equally through a larger area allowing the hair to dry quickly and evenly without disturbing the shape of your curls/waves adding body/volume which keeps your hair lighter making it easier to manage. Letting your hair dry naturally will give you the same effect though the hair will dry differently in sections which causes moisture to be trapped inside making the over all look uneven and susceptible to Florida's humidity.

Last edited:

Klorhy

Original Poster
I've always noticed that most blow dryers found in resort rooms are the small dinky ones that do not have a long enough nozzle to allow for a device to be attached so you will probably have to bring your own. The purpose of a diffuser is to "diffuse" the powerful jet of air coming out of the blow dryer disbursing it equally through a larger area allowing the hair to dry quickly and evenly without disturbing the shape of your curls/waves adding body/volume which keeps your hair lighter making it easier to manage. Letting your hair dry naturally will give you the same effect though the hair will dry differently in sections which causes moisture to be trapped inside making the over all look uneven and susceptible to Florida's humidity.

I'm staying in a villa and hoping it's similar to the last one I was in, on the same resort, which had lots of good hairdryers and also different straighteners/curling sets! I'm won't be packing my own hairdryer it'll just be a waste of suitcase space - I don't have any attachments or anything for it and it's not that good. If they are awful in the villa, I'll buy one whilst I'm there if I find I need it, I think.

NiarrNDisney

I'm staying in a villa and hoping it's similar to the last one I was in, on the same resort, which had lots of good hairdryers and also different straighteners/curling sets! I'm won't be packing my own hairdryer it'll just be a waste of suitcase space - I don't have any attachments or anything for it and it's not that good. If they are awful in the villa, I'll buy one whilst I'm there if I find I need it, I think.

What villas are you staying at? That's awesome that they supply all of those different devices especially since all of those things would certainly take up a bunch of space in ones luggage. Over the years I have been lucky enough to find miniature good quality versions of their larger counterparts which take little to no room in my carry on.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So, I don't know where to put this post so I thought this would be best.

So my trip is in just under 6 weeks away and it's the first time going away with long hair, and it's also considerably thicker than it's ever been.. so not sure what I'm going to do with it away (and no, I'm not going to cut it :p)

I'm not really the sort of person to wear my hair up, or actually do anything with it.. What does everyone usually do with their hair at the parks? :)

I have long hair that is thick and past my shoulders. I pull it straight back and put it in a pony tail. If I'm being adventurous I warp the tail up and under the band. It works with the humidity 'cause I'm not wasting my time fixing it to look real nice and 30 minutes in the humidity looking horrible. Reminds me of the Friends episode where Monica's hair is on steroids while vacationing.
th

Klorhy

Original Poster
What villas are you staying at? That's awesome that they supply all of those different devices especially since all of those things would certainly take up a bunch of space in ones luggage. Over the years I have been lucky enough to find miniature good quality versions of their larger counterparts which take little to no room in my carry on.

We've stayed at villas on Cumbrian Lakes and Eagle Pointe - we're back at Cumbrian Lakes this time but a different owner this time.. Only time will tell!

RubyLee

I have long hair that is thick and past my shoulders. I pull it straight back and put it in a pony tail. If I'm being adventurous I warp the tail up and under the band. It works with the humidity 'cause I'm not wasting my time fixing it to look real nice and 30 minutes in the humidity looking horrible. Reminds me of the Friends episode where Monica's hair is on steroids while vacationing.
th
LOL....this is how my hair feels ALL summer! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom