Gift Cards

Fergusblue

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

My family will be traveling to Disney this summer and we were wondering if we can pay for snacks with Disney gift cards? We are a large family with many teenagers and thought having gift cards available for each teen may make it easier for them while in the park.

Thank you for your help,
Sheri

NeedMoreMickey

We use gift cards for everything. If you want to give each child their own gift card I suggest ordering them from Disney. This way they can pick out the design but only get the minimum amount so you can look around for discount cards, I get them at BJ’s. You can also add money at the parks.

Fergusblue

Original Poster
We use gift cards for everything. If you want to give each child their own gift card I suggest ordering them from Disney. This way they can pick out the design but only get the minimum amount so you can look around for discount cards, I get them at BJ’s. You can also add money at the parks.

Thank you so much for the advice!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If you buy 'em at Sam's you can get a 4% discount (before tax). Right now, the 3x25 and single 50 is a better deal than the 3x50.

Hcalvert

This past weekend, I got an ecoupon from Meijer for 10% off any vendor gift card up to $100 total savings. I bought $1000 worth of Disney gift cards for $900 for my next trip with my Disney Visa. Meijer is considered a grocery store, so I will also get an additional $18 in Disney rewards too.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
This past weekend, I got an ecoupon from Meijer for 10% off any vendor gift card up to $100 total savings. I bought $1000 worth of Disney gift cards for $900 for my next trip with my Disney Visa. Meijer is considered a grocery store, so I will also get an additional $18 in Disney rewards too.
That's the way you save! But you might want to double check... last time I looked, I think the fine print said you don't get a Disney reward bonus on Disney gift card purchases.

Hcalvert

That's the way you save! But you might want to double check... last time I looked, I think the fine print said you don't get a Disney reward bonus on Disney gift card purchases.

I believe I am fine as long as I don't buy the cards from Disney. I bought some from BJs Wholesale and got 1% back in Disney Rewards ($5). They have no idea what I bought at Meijer and I looked at the charge and they have it classified as "groceries." My statement closes in about two weeks, so I will let you know.

CaptainAmerica

or the standard 5% off with your Target Red card :)
You're better off getting 4% off at a wholesale club and checking out with a Citi Double Cash card for an additional 2%, so 6% total.

Or buying them at a grocery store with 6% off from American Express Blue Cash Preferred, though that one doesn't always work.

Dave B

You're better off getting 4% off at a wholesale club and checking out with a Citi Double Cash card for an additional 2%, so 6% total.

Or buying them at a grocery store with 6% off from American Express Blue Cash Preferred, though that one doesn't always work.
Are you talking about a membership club like Sam's club or Costco where you pay an annual fee, I guess we all could go apply for the Citi Double Cash Card

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom