Gift cards

Tomi-Rocket

Original Poster
If you're buying gift cards to use on your trip and you need to buy more than one go to the Disney store online because they have so many designs to choose from I got a different one for each member of my family so we knew whose card was whose. Plus they have many, many cool designs and themes. :)

Witchy Chick

Thanks for this. Our trip is in Jan 2013, so I think I will "suggest" to the grandparents and extended family Disney gift cards as Christmas gifts for the kiddos to take on the trip. :D

Witchy

Rob562

Your local Disney Store can also add money to the cards bought online. So once you buy them, you can keep saving onto them, and even reusing them on future trips. (I have three or four nice designs, some of which are no longer available, that I've used on multiple trips)

Also keep an eye on the Disneyland website. They offer 8-10 gift card designs at a time with rotating availability, and sometimes in designs that you can't get on www.disneygiftcard.com

-Rob

jpittore1

Gift cards from Giant Eagle

In Ohio, Giant Eagle (grocery store) sells various gift cards including Disney. As an incentive, for every $50 spent in gift cards you get 20 cents off a gallon of gas, up to 30 gallons at the Get-Go Giant Eagle gas stations!!! We paid for our last three vacations by buying gift cards and we didn't pay for gas for almost 3 months each time after we bought the gift cards!!! It was an added bonus for us!

www.gianteagle.com

I believe they have the same offer in PA, but currently PA stores only give 10 cents off a gallon for every $50 spent.

Rob562

When you hand the gift card over to the cashier to use , do they give it you back when its empty ?

You can ask for it back, and typically they'll ask if you want it back or not.

It's actually a good idea to hold onto them anyway, as if you return whatever it is you bought, the funds will go back onto the card. If you don't have the card anymore there's ways to deal with it, but they're long and involved, so it's much simpler to just have the card.

-Rob

DisDadEddie

I don't know if it is allowed but I read in another post that people take gift cards from store in Disney to collect. The cards have no cost, does anyone know if this is allowed. My daughter loves the different designs.

dopeylover

I buy at least one GC a month (no more Disney Store by us =( ) when I go grocery shopping. Whether we're planning a trip or not, I know I will use them once we go. A tip? Make sure you photo copy the back of every one of your gift cards (I lined like 8 up in a row, just so you could see the bar code info.), and keep those photo copies locked up in your room. If they should get lost or stolen, all you have to do is call the number on the back, and they will reissue all your unused funds!

We had like $500 in GCs last time we went...that would have been a LOT of money lost.

wiigirl

Also do you pay tax on them ? If i want to put $5 on will it be $5 or will tax be added ?

No, tax is donw at time of purchase....$5 is $5.
75.gif

DisneyPrincess5

If you're buying gift cards to use on your trip and you need to buy more than one go to the Disney store online because they have so many designs to choose from I got a different one for each member of my family so we knew whose card was whose. Plus they have many, many cool designs and themes. :)
Excellent tip!! We buy gift cards for ourselves as ts easier than cash and ask for it as gifts for our trip. So easy and helpful. Plus it's fun choosing a design!

SDisney90

Another little tip for gift cards, if there is a BJs Wholesale Club near by and you have a membership you can actually purchase gift cards for a little cheaper. I purchased 2 $100.00 gift cards for 189.98 with out tax/activation fee (some places will charge 5 dollars to activate a darn card) Even though its only 10 dollars saved, its 10 dollars that could be used for many things... souvenirs, snacks etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom