Gift Cards for Declining Mousekeeping

meg0039

Does anyone know if there are still resorts offering gift cards for declining MouseKeeping? We're planning a last minute trip arriving at All Star Movies on Sunday and I know at one point they were offering this, but does anyone know if they still are?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Saw some people got one last week forgot what resort it was though, but was definitely not All Stars. So they are still testing across some resorts periodically. I remember it because they opted for a gift card and no housekeeping, and had DND sign up and housekeeping went in their room while they were gone anyway while at the parks one of their days. ;)

Upvote 0

John park hopper

That would be great if they made it a policy. My DW is a neat freak and even on vacation she makes the bed and straightens up so we really don't need daily house keeping. Most times the house keeping cart is available to get a clean towel if needed

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
To the people that declined housekeeping ....Did you have the option to decline during an online check in or did you check-in in person at the front desk? I like doing the online check in and would rather not waste time at the front desk but with a short solo trip coming up I would be interested in declining housekeeping for a little extra cash.

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

Would it help to call the resort directly and ask if they are still offering this? I don't go until Dec., but I could probably skip a few days if it is.

Upvote 0

Dave B

Anyone know if this is still going on? We are going next week and would love some additional spending money with the gift cards?

Upvote 0

Rsj88

I think I read on a forum somewhere they are still doing it at Pop but it is only $10 a night. You have to ask at check in and they email you a gift card. I’ll see if I can find where I read it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thomas998

Only question is if you decline the housekeeping does that mean you can still go swap out your towels yourself or are you just forced to make do with what the room had to start with.

Upvote 0

Occasional Guest

In October 2017 at Pop, we were offered $10 per day in gift cards for no Mousekeeping. Towels and other items would be supplied at the front desk on demand. I should have thought to ask if the gift card was mailed or available immediately. We declined the offer.

Upvote 0

MacRtst

When we went in early Sept (@ POFQ) we took them up on the offer. We received a $50 card. So, It's all or nothing. they just issue it right at time of check-in

To the people that declined housekeeping ....Did you have the option to decline during an online check in or did you check-in in person at the front desk? I like doing the online check in and would rather not waste time at the front desk but with a short solo trip coming up I would be interested in declining housekeeping for a little extra cash.

I believe you need to go to the front desk b/c they need to issue you the card AND you need to sign that you declined service. I myself did not see this option at online check-in. Since we got there early we went to the front desk anyway.

The card is EMAILED to the e-address on file and is usable right away.

Only question is if you decline the housekeeping does that mean you can still go swap out your towels yourself or are you just forced to make do with what the room had to start with.
You do get NEW towels every 3rd day. Keep in mind that the first day DOES NOT COUNT b/c the room is fresh already.

I would do it again. It ALWAYS great to have a little extra money (for Trader Sam's...:))

Upvote 0

Rsj88

The gift card is emailed and can be used immediately. If you call mousekeeping they will send towels and soap to your room. I’m not sure what you do with your dirty towels.

Upvote 0

giantgolfer

We just went 2 weeks ago. We stayed at All Star Sports and we were offered $10 per night for declining. Considering we could get fresh towels, toilet paper, soaps whenever we wanted (just had to call Mousekeeping) we took the free money. The gift card was emailed to me immediately and we used it within minutes after getting it.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Does anyone know if the Good Neighbor Hotels offer this as well!? We are staying at Clarion Lake Buena Vista and it would be nice to have this option!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom