Gift Card Question

GJM724

I am trying to buy some discounted gift cards for our upcoming trip to Disney and wanted to know of the best places to buy them. I do not live near a Costco, Sam's Club, or BJ's. I know about the Target gift card trick, but I am hoping to know of other websites area's that I can get gift cards discounted since I have a new American Airlines Credit Card and need to spend $500 to get the bonus miles which I am going to use to get first class tickets on our flight home.

Disneyfreak Jen

Walmart, Shoprite, and other stores such as CVS that have those gift card kiosks. They are not discounted, but you can buy them there. I don’t know if anyplace besides Sams, etc that has them discounted.
I like to use the gift cards to pay for all my expenses at the parks such as meals and souvenirs. That way it’s “already paid for” and if there’s any money remaining you can use it towards your next trip or at the Disney website or brick and mortar store.

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

Right now, Bj's has Disney GC all denominations (except $500) for 8% off. That is a pretty high discount, esp. if you also get cash back with whatever credit card you are using. They have an online only membership you can get for $10 for a year (I don't live near any of these stores, either). Excellent deal, and no running around required. However, act quickly, I don't know how much longer this deal will be available. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
I just bought some GC’s from BJ’s yesterday. As @IamTimmy said, right now they are 8% off (excluding the $500 GC’s). I got a free trial membership and then ordered the cards on line. It said there was a 3 card limit but I ordered more and still received the discount.
Don’t wait. This is a good deal!

Upvote 0

GJM724

Original Poster
Love your dog? Is it a doodle of some kind? We have a mini-labradoodle who would love Disney, too bad she is too small to ride most of the rides :)
The Disney Visa card is another option. We use it for all the major purchases, and get points back to use on a gift card from them. Not sure if that helps..

Really I just wanted to respond so it looks like my dog was talking to your dog....

Love your dog! Goldendoodle? I wish Nala would be able to join us in Disney, she loves to swim and being at theme parks, a local one here in PA is pet friendly and the dogs can even ride some of the rides including the railroad and carousel.

Upvote 0

Nottamus

Love your dog! Goldendoodle? I wish Nala would be able to join us in Disney, she loves to swim and being at theme parks, a local one here in PA is pet friendly and the dogs can even ride some of the rides including the railroad and carousel.

Yes, Darwin. A Goldendoodle...That's awesome having a pet friendly park! Darwin has been to the Zoo a number of times!

Upvote 0
Also, be sure that if you're ordering the gift cards through Sam's Club, etc. that you're ordering via the Ibotta or Dosh apps. You'll at least get an additional 2% cash back, sometimes more depending on what the current offer is. That money can be cashed out via Venmo to be used on your trip. In addition, I recently had a coupon on my Amex card for $5 back after a $15 purchase at Sam's Club (earlier this year I had $15 back after a $100 purchase). Between the Sam's discount, the Amex coupon and Ibotta, I recently got a $150 gift card for $135.12. If this at all sparks you to download Ibotta, you can get $5 for free by using code "mmaxg."

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

If you are from Pa, are you any where near the Giant Eagle grocery store chain?
Their promotion (starting today) is 20 cents off each gallon of gas, (usually 10 cents), at their stations per $50 you buy. My husband saves a ton of money on gas when we buy our Disney trip cards through them. We pay off our whole trip, dining, tickets etc. with gift cards and then he ends up with several fill ups of free gas. (there is a 30 gallon max)

Upvote 0

GJM724

Original Poster
If you are from Pa, are you any where near the Giant Eagle grocery store chain?
Their promotion (starting today) is 20 cents off each gallon of gas, (usually 10 cents), at their stations per $50 you buy. My husband saves a ton of money on gas when we buy our Disney trip cards through them. We pay off our whole trip, dining, tickets etc. with gift cards and then he ends up with several fill ups of free gas. (there is a 30 gallon max)

I do! I like that promotion with the only problem being that I drive 3 miles a day for a work so it takes me a month to go through a tank and they expire in a month so I don’t think I will get the savings there, but I get 6% back on my credit card at grocery stores so I might go this route regardless.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom