GF DVC looks terrible!

captainkidd

Right...The roof is still flat...If it mimics GF roof lines then that's cool, but if it is going to remain a flat roof...meh.

According to the early sketches, it will have the same roof appearance that the other GF buildings do. Can't imagine they would do it any other way.

mickey2008.1

All construction looks bad, but need to wait and see what the final product looks like from around all monorail resorts, let alone just at GF.

Disneykidder

Those pics do cover the beautiful existing buildings that are there but if they create it with the same style as the others, it will fit in and look just as beautiful.

alissafalco

Original Poster
I think it was rumored that they may relocate the luau area and plop it down there. They will probably need to expand into the lake like they did for GF since the monorail is so close. Should be a few years out still.

You're exactly right. There really is no where else to put it but the Luau area. Way to ruin anything nice to make a quick buck.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thinking a tad overbuilt for the square footage they had, a little squishy. The wedding pavilion doesn't have the same charm now as it did before, if we didn't know better it will eventually look like the pavilion was shoe horned in between the hotel and the DVC.

harveyt0206

We were there last week and while trying not to judge the product before it is finished, I too thought the placement of the buildings felt cramped. Then, the more I thought about I realized that it was probably the only space that would give the DVC members a view of the park without blocking the view for anyone staying at the Grand Floridian. But I do agree that as things look right now, the views from the Poly are going to change quite a bit.

s&k'smom

From that angle it certainly changes the Poly view when we were at the Luau last year it was such a lovely walk back to the GF, my husband is not going to like the building there, he's been pretty apprehensive about it and I remember thinking when looking at my video from the last GF stay how glad I was I got so much footage before the building went up. But I do think I'm going to have to reserve final judgement until it's done, my kids so badly want to go to the new water area.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Who knows... They can always build a new wedding pavilion elsewhere with different views.

And of course the dvc wing will not have the roofline you see now. They don't make the roof out of concrete slabs.. New steel will go up to form the roof structures... Or maybe even wood

Next Big Thing

Who knows... They can always build a new wedding pavilion elsewhere with different views.

And of course the dvc wing will not have the roofline you see now. They don't make the roof out of concrete slabs.. New steel will go up to form the roof structures... Or maybe even wood
They have many wedding pavilions across property. My cousin is getting married in one at the Boardwalk in December.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom