Getting your drink on.....

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
Okay...one thing I have not done while in the bubble is drink. I don't know if it is the heat, the fact that 2 of our 3 trips have been with our daughter, or just completely slacking. I do want to enjoy a few cocktails during our October trip. I definitely plan on a Lapu Lapu. And will probably partake in a margarita or two. I would like to try one of the slushes in France as well. What am I missing? You can leave out beer. Yuck.. And don't think I want to try sake. But anything else is fair game.

HouCuseChickie

DH raves about the sidecar on the menu at Yachtsman. I liked the cucumber fizz a Cali Grill. I find that drinks that aren't pre-mixed or frozen tend to have better flavor and be more potent...so if you go someplace like La Cava...I recommend going for something on the rocks. I really liked the blood orange margarita DH got there this past trip. Several TS spots also make decent Moscow Mules. I think we drank everything Tambu had to offer from the specialty drinks and liked most of those too...i.e. not just the Lapu Lapu...but that's always a good starting point!

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
I was looking at the Tambu Lounges menus (both drinks and food). Both looked super yummy. I am thinking I am going to have to try several things.

DanStat

Not a fan of beer either!

I love the Victoria Falls Mist at Jiko, the combo margarita at the Mexico pavilion, Lapu Lapus are a must and the Pimm's drink on the standard bar menu isn't too bad either!

durangojim

Tequila and margaritas in Mexico (even the frozen ones at the outdoor stand are good), grey goose and grand marnier slushes in France, drinks at the Tammy lounge at the Polynesian, old fashioned at the belle vue loungest the Boardwalk inn, different cocktail flights at the brown derby.

You could also do the monorail resort bar hopping and even add a side trip via boat from the contemporary to the WL.

bee

If you like wine you can get a flight in several of the countries at Epcot. There is also a wine sampler option (can't remember the name right now) where you get a small pour of two wines each from Germany, Italy, and France for about $20.

The Joy of Tea in China has about four cocktails that you'd probably enjoy.

Crossroads at House of Blues has a very cheap (for Disney especially!) Happy Hour if I recall correctly. You might have trouble getting a reservation through the Disney site but the restaurant also has its own website with reservations and it won't be hard to get a walk up the day of.

And of course if you're at Epcot during F&W you will definitely find some drinks you like at the kiosks! My gf and I went in 2013 and had trouble trying every wine and cocktail (also not big beer fans), and we shared every drink so we'd be able to try more! If the Brazil booth is back make sure to try the sparkling moscato and the caipirinha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom