Getting to the parks from Ft Wilderness

cslafferty

Original Poster
Have been going to WDW for YEARS, but this is our first time staying at the Fort. All of our other trips we have only used Disney transportation because we didn’t have a car. This time we will. I know we can take the ferry to MK, but is it better/faster to drive to the other parks or take the bus? What about Epcot - drive or take the ferry and then Epcot monorail?

cslafferty

Original Poster
I should mention we like to park hop and go back in the afternoons to rest before going back to the parks in the evenings.

Schneewittchen

Launch from Ft. Wilderness to MK is quick/ direct now and before. In the before times, I'd take the busses to AK and HS. To Epcot, we were crazy. Launch from Ft. Wilderness to Contemporary. Monorail from Contemporary to TTC. Transfer from TTC to Epcot monorail. Slow but fun.

The last trip in April 2021, we drove our pickup truck to Epcot, AK and HS. It was quick and easy. Just not interested in the busses if they aren't going to be decent.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
If you have a car, the answer is the same at almost all resorts. Take Disney transportation to Magic Kingdom and drive everywhere else.

(Exceptions for Skyliner and Crescent Lake resorts.)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Launch from Ft. Wilderness to MK is quick/ direct now and before. In the before times, I'd take the busses to AK and HS. To Epcot, we were crazy. Launch from Ft. Wilderness to Contemporary. Monorail from Contemporary to TTC. Transfer from TTC to Epcot monorail. Slow but fun.

The last trip in April 2021, we drove our pickup truck to Epcot, AK and HS. It was quick and easy. Just not interested in the busses if they aren't going to be decent.
The Blue Flag launch that served Fort Wilderness and the Contemporary has not reopened since the initial COVID shutdowns. Unclear if it ever will.

Raxel7851

Some of it depends on where your site is located. FW is HUGE!! I would suggest renting a golf cart. The bus depot is located at the Check-in Outpost at front of FW. The Boat to MK is located at the other end near Pioneer Hall. There is an internal bus, that will take you to these locations inside of the campground. Last time we were there, the carts were about $67 a day. We found them to be well worth the “investment”. I’m not sure when/if the blue flag boat to the Contemporary and WL will begin running.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Some of it depends on where your site is located. FW is HUGE!! I would suggest renting a golf cart. The bus depot is located at the Check-in Outpost at front of FW. The Boat to MK is located at the other end near Pioneer Hall. There is an internal bus, that will take you to these locations inside of the campground. Last time we were there, the carts were about $67 a day. We found them to be well worth the “investment”. I’m not sure when/if the blue flag boat to the Contemporary and WL will begin running.
I don't think there's any need to rent a golf cart if you have a car. IMO you definitely want one or the other, but I don't think that you need both.

Raxel7851

I don't think there's any need to rent a golf cart if you have a car. IMO you definitely want one or the other, but I don't think that you need both.
I respectfully have to slightly disagree. Like I said, depending on where you site is located, it’s a long trek to almost anywhere. I’m assuming the OP is staying in a cabin, most of which are way back. If you wanted to go to one of the Trading Posts, the Pool, Pioneer Hall, the Beach, its a long walk/bus ride. The Golf Cart, although a tad pricey, is a quick way to get to those places. You go to the pool, it’s a drag getting on the bus with wet duds. Plus is cool driving around the campground checking out the other sites. If you’re not interested in those things, then I agree you don’t need both.

cslafferty

Original Poster
I respectfully have to slightly disagree. Like I said, depending on where you site is located, it’s a long trek to almost anywhere. I’m assuming the OP is staying in a cabin, most of which are way back. If you wanted to go to one of the Trading Posts, the Pool, Pioneer Hall, the Beach, its a long walk/bus ride. The Golf Cart, although a tad pricey, is a quick way to get to those places. You go to the pool, it’s a drag getting on the bus with wet duds. Plus is cool driving around the campground checking out the other sites. If you’re not interested in those things, then I agree you don’t need both.
We have a travel trailer and have reservations in the preferred loops, so we’ll be closer to the boat dock. We have a golf cart reserved.

Raxel7851

We have a travel trailer and have reservations in the preferred loops, so we’ll be closer to the boat dock. We have a golf cart reserved.
Nice!!!!!!! We always try to snag a preferred loop when we take our RV. If you’re going in October, there’s many campers that decorate their sites for Halloween or if in December, decorate for Christmas. It’s fun taking the golf cart around checking out the decorations. The restrooms and showers are immaculate as are the laundry facilities. You’ll have a great time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom