Getting selected for Flag Retreat?

David

Original Poster
We will be back down in 70 days (not that I'm counting, mind you) and I would like to get some information about being selected for the Flag Retreat. If I understand correctly, you need to go to City Hall first thing and sign up. Does it help to be active military or at least a vet? My FIL will be with us and while I never had military duty, he did and I think he would get a tremdous thrill out of it.

Any guidelines or suggestions?

krisrunsdisney

My neighbor was chosen as Veteran of the Day a few years ago. I just saw the pics the other day. He said it was really cool! I am trying to learn how I can get DH to be VofD since he is deploying right after our upcoming trip.

I think neighbor was randomly chosen (they had no idea this even existed). They were staying with a military discount (I think WDW offered free tix for a short time for active military) so that's how CMs knew. Apparently , as they walked in a CM met them at the gate and informed them. Neighbor had to be back at Guest Relations at certain times. He and his wife were the honored guests for a parade then he did the flag retreat later (5PM). He was presented the flag (I believe he kept it though not positive), had wonderful pics and received a pin. They both said it was such a memorable experience. She started welling up with tears as she showed us the pics and her DH was obviously proud. Hope that's us soon! Hope you get to see your FIL as the VotD as well!

RAZORBRAD

My brother, who is active military was able to do this a couple years ago. H eknew ahead of time so he brought his military blues with him. this was a great experience

jakeman

My dad is a vet and just did this a month ago. My mom did it as a surprise. She said all she did was go to city hall first thing in the morning and signed up.

Uponastar

My husband was chosen at random and it was the experience of a lifetime for him!
I hope you get to do it.
Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom