Getting replacement souvenirs mailed to your house

scoobygirl39541

Original Poster
There's always lot of negativity going around and I wanted to post something positive. In December I bought a mickey mug and had it sent to the room. Never opened it until we got home only to find it was completely broken in several pieces. We're very careful people and are very conscience of the breakables. There's no way it happened in transit on our end. Since we got home just before the holidays, we didn't have time to call Disney and then we forgot about it for a few more weeks. We finally called mid-January thinking they would never believe us since we waited so long. They lady on the phone was so nice and understanding. They sent one out right away and it come in the mail today! Its so exciting to get something that was in WDW a few weeks ago! haha

I just wanted to share an example of Disney magic and remarkable costumer service. First class all the way in my opinion! Thank you Disney co.!! :)

Figgy1

There's always lot of negativity going around and I wanted to post something positive. In December I bought a mickey mug and had it sent to the room. Never opened it until we got home only to find it was completely broken in several pieces. We're very careful people and are very conscience of the breakables. There's no way it happened in transit on our end. Since we got home just before the holidays, we didn't have time to call Disney and then we forgot about it for a few more weeks. We finally called mid-January thinking they would never believe us since we waited so long. They lady on the phone was so nice and understanding. They sent one out right away and it come in the mail today! Its so exciting to get something that was in WDW a few weeks ago! haha

I just wanted to share an example of Disney magic and remarkable costumer service. First class all the way in my opinion! Thank you Disney co.!! :)
I accidentally left a prescription bottle with 1 or 2 pills left in it at CP and they mailed it to our house!!!!

DisneyWorldFred

I wanted to share this with everyone not everyone gets the same treatment. I bought something from DisneyShopping.com the item came i didn't check it out till right or before Christmas is when I discovered that it was broken it was the new Disney Mickey Christmas large figurine. I had to fight and argue with these people on customer service they said sorry sir you were pasted the thirty day return policy then I argued that I was away so forth so long story short after four or five calls they finally send what I needed to return the item after arguing each time no I haven't gotten nothing and no UPS was not here to pick it up. Also I bought a Disney mickey mouse train pocket watch from Downtown Disney in one of their jewelry stores, well the item didn't work upon getting back home but at least Walt Disney's World customer service was better than Disneyshopping.com.

scoobygirl39541

Original Poster
I wanted to share this with everyone not everyone gets the same treatment. I bought something from DisneyShopping.com the item came i didn't check it out till right or before Christmas is when I discovered that it was broken it was the new Disney Mickey Christmas large figurine. I had to fight and argue with these people on customer service they said sorry sir you were pasted the thirty day return policy then I argued that I was away so forth so long story short after four or five calls they finally send what I needed to return the item after arguing each time no I haven't gotten nothing and no UPS was not here to pick it up. Also I bought a Disney mickey mouse train pocket watch from Downtown Disney in one of their jewelry stores, well the item didn't work upon getting back home but at least Walt Disney's World customer service was better than Disneyshopping.com.

Yeah it sounds like they're more accommodating if you buy it in the parks. In our case, I'm guessing it broke during the trip from DHS to POFQ thus making it an easy situation. Having something happen while using the public mail system is a different circumstance I think.

Britt

My friend left her DSLR camera at the resort! She was freaking out, called them, and they hadn't seen it at that point. She thought for sure it was a goner, but left her number and address with them just in case.

3 weeks later, she got a box with her DSLR camera with the strap around a stuffed mickey mouse!!! No charge or anything. She had fully intended to pay for shipping if they ever found it!

I loved hearing that story from her! :D

The Empress Lilly

I once left a kilo of ultrawhite Columbian washing powder in my room, and then got Disney to send it to me! Trans-Atlantic! Because of all the Mickey stickers on the box customs didn't even check it!

awesomeinabox

@DisneyWorldFred Disneystore.com is under a different (and less "magical") arm of Disney Corp so when you call you are dealing with their people. I stopped purchasing most things from Disney Store because I was tired of the dealing with customer service.
I just wait and but things in the world now. I've found that when I have had performance issues with products it's easier just to call the store you purchased it from at rather than Disney Customer Service. Usually people are really responsive and try to help you. I've had a few things break in transit that they have reshipped to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom