getting married.

matt9112

Original Poster
so to save time lets cut through what i know. i know you can only use Disney service technically to get married and that otherwise it is not allowed property wide. so im looking for some insight into what we would like to do. we would like to get married at our resort by a wedding officiant (port Orleans) in a quick manner involving only the guests with us staying on property anyway. no formal anything....just technically getting married in Disney.

whats the worst that could happen?

WWWD

I guess the worst that could happen is Disney Security showing up and putting a stop to everything right before you say I do (play dumb ;)). Then your bride will be mad as hell at you, well technically not your bride yet so at least she can't divorce you. So if that happens, then just go back to your room and get married there (still in Disney) and use towel animals as a backdrop. :)

matt9112

Original Poster
Even if it's allowed, which I doubt, it would cost a fortune for what it sounds like you're trying to get out of it

cost a fortune? the trip was pre planned...only added bit is the wedding officiant...no gown no tux ect.

there will be 7 people including us. likely along the river bank...again just exchanging vows ect....more or less just to say we got married there.

mouse_luv

so to save time lets cut through what i know. i know you can only use Disney service technically to get married and that otherwise it is not allowed property wide. so im looking for some insight into what we would like to do. we would like to get married at our resort by a wedding officiant (port Orleans) in a quick manner involving only the guests with us staying on property anyway. no formal anything....just technically getting married in Disney.

Not gonna happen. Just don't do it. The worst that could happen? You could get banned from Disney. Don't question, don't try your luck, they will do it and not think a thing about it.

mousehockey37

So you know it's not allowed property wide, but yet you're wondering what would happen if you tried to do this on property? Seriously? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Just don't do it. As others have said, it'll be your last visit and you'll never be allowed back in. I doubt an officiant is going to put their reputation and job on the line to do something illegal like this. You're probably not the first to try and more than likely, not the last either. Even though you say nothing formal, there's paperwork that has to be signed and such making it official, so it would be a "formally informal" event.

Then again, go ahead and try... when you get caught and banned, it's 7 less people that will be allowed at Disney and you'll be single anyway for getting you, your guests and your now ex banned from Disney. Let us know how it turns out lol.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Not that I'm saying you should do this...but...

What about renting one of the pontoon boats and getting married on that out on Bay Lake or SSL? As long as you kept it low key, I don't see why Disney would know or care.

Parks and public places though, heck no. They'll shut that down in a heartbeat.

That said, I think it is a much smarter move just to contact Disney and pay them the fee to let them do it for you.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

The way you describe it, you'd probably get away with it. Probably. Seven people could just be congregating, having a conversation. But do you want that fear hanging over your head?

mousehockey37

for such a critical forum really like standing up for the man...

Uh, you said yourself you know it's not allowed on property so really, you answered your own question in your original post. We're just helping to reinforce that reminder that... it's not allowed.

Not that I'm saying you should do this...but...

What about renting one of the pontoon boats and getting married on that out on Bay Lake or SSL? As long as you kept it low key, I don't see why Disney would know or care.

Parks and public places though, heck no. They'll shut that down in a heartbeat.

That said, I think it is a much smarter move just to contact Disney and pay them the fee to let them do it for you.

The way you describe it, you'd probably get away with it. Probably. Seven people could just be congregating, having a conversation. But do you want that fear hanging over your head?

The OP could potentially get away with it, up and until the point that the officiant walks into the lobby of the resort, says s/he is here for the (XXXXXXXXXX) wedding and the CMs tell them there are no planned weddings for that day. They could then go into detail about who they're doing services for and it's over, for everyone. The CM's will escalate the issue and it's over.

Granted, this is if you can find an officiant that is boneheaded enough to put their title on the line as probably most of them in the Orlando area are very familiar with the rules around Disney and weddings and the whereabouts as to where they can be conducted.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Uh, you said yourself you know it's not allowed on property so really, you answered your own question in your original post. We're just helping to reinforce that reminder that... it's not allowed.

The OP could potentially get away with it, up and until the point that the officiant walks into the lobby of the resort, says s/he is here for the (XXXXXXXXXX) wedding and the CMs tell them there are no planned weddings for that day. They could then go into detail about who they're doing services for and it's over, for everyone. The CM's will escalate the issue and it's over.

Granted, this is if you can find an officiant that is boneheaded enough to put their title on the line as probably most of them in the Orlando area are very familiar with the rules around Disney and weddings and the whereabouts as to where they can be conducted.
As I noted, I didn't say he SHOULD do it.

JIMINYCR

Lots of things Disney has rules about saying should not be done but guests try pushing the boundaries... getting away with doing them. Personally, I would rather find a way of doing it right, making the day pleasant and memorable and not take any chances of having the ceremony be disrupted.

TXDisney

Really depends on your amount of guests. You can get married almost anywhere at disney with less than 25 guests. Still costs a bunch though, and there will be people all around you bc they won't close the area just for you.

mousehockey37

Really depends on your amount of guests. You can get married almost anywhere at disney with less than 25 guests. Still costs a bunch though, and there will be people all around you bc they won't close the area just for you.

That's key. CM's are all over the place. Whether they are working or are off-duty, CM's are everywhere. All it takes is for one to see it, inquire/report, and it's over.

matt9112

Original Poster
I don't get it. You seemed very adamant about getting married AT Disney. As if Disney had a special significance. But you'd rather go to Universal instead just because your stealth Disney wedding wouldn't work?

were doing both parks anyway....plus if universal is cool with it can drop it all over twitter....help those guys out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom