Getting luggage from one resort to another?

durangojim

We leave on Friday and are staying at AKL for 2 nights and then switch over to WL for 8. We don't have a car. How do we get our luggage over to WL? Do we have to take it on a bus and transfer at the TTC?

Thanks!

BRER STITCH

Disney will transfer your luggage to your new resort for you at no charge.

Simply call bell services before you check-out and tell them the luggage is to go to the Wilderness Lodge. They will take care of it for you and it will be at your new resort by 4PM that day.

I couldn't stay in the room until Bell Services arrived, so I just left a note on the bags and they arrived with no problem.

As you will be without your bags for most of the day, be sure not to pack any medications, sunglasses, etc. that you may need during the day!

HAVE FUN!

:wave:

Upvote 0

microconn

Used this service!

Hi There,

We used this service when we moved from POP to AKL in December last year. It was GREAT!!! We confirmed with Bell services that we were moving and to where and it was all taken care of!

Regs,

CJM

Upvote 0

taholden

We used this service also the last time we went to WDW. The only suggestion I would have would be to make sure you let them know as early as possible that you are doing this. Bell services will meet you at your room to pick up your luggage and if you let them know at the last minute you may have to wait for awhile for them to find time to come to your room. Otherwise if you call earlier you can set up an appointment.

Upvote 0

rainfully

tinkish said:
Just a question...I've not thought about switching resorts within the same vacation before. What's your reasoning behind this?

A lot of people can't afford to stay in a moderate or deluxe resort for a whole week, but would like to experience it for one or two nights. That way, they can spend a majority of their stay in a more affordable place, but still be able to stay at one of the higher end resorts for a bit.

And for the people who CAN afford it, if they can't decide between two or three places, they just pick them all! :D

Upvote 0

Thorphin

We've also used this service to move from one room to another (at the end of the vacation we decided we wanted to stay another day, but our room had been booked. So, we reserved a room only reservation for another room, and when we returned from the parks, we simply went to the new room and unpacked.

One thing, though, don't forget to tip! If you're like us and can't meet Bell Services in your room, place the tip on top of your bags, and label it for Bell Services. If you don't, housekeeping might (and has been known to) take it for themselves.

Upvote 0

savannahsmiles

rainfully said:
A lot of people can't afford to stay in a moderate or deluxe resort for a whole week, but would like to experience it for one or two nights. That way, they can spend a majority of their stay in a more affordable place, but still be able to stay at one of the higher end resorts for a bit.

And for the people who CAN afford it, if they can't decide between two or three places, they just pick them all! :D

This is a great way to experience more than one resort. They all have great qualities and theming. I switched from Pop to WL last year with no problems at all!! Disney took care of everything!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

nickcarraway

True, bell services will do it, but they warn you it could take upwards of a day to get it to your other room. I just went ahead and took a cab from one resort to the other. I thought dealing with the buses would be too much of a hassle. The cab ended up costing me like 10 bucks, but it was worth it knowing my bags (packed with booze, of course) were with me.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

I LOVE switching resorts during a trip - we did this a lot when I'd go with my parents when I was younger. Sometimes it was for economical reasons (ie we'd start somewhere cheap and then end up somewhere pricier, which helped a lot as the Poly's prices went up up up!) and sometimes it was just because we wanted to check out other resorts (for example, one time we started at the Contemporary, which is located right in the middle of a lot of the Magic Kingdom crainess and then later we moved to OKW which is much more relaxed.)

It's also enabled me to stay at way more than half of the WDW resorts even though I'm from far away and I only recently started going every year/multiple times a year. Sometimes we stayed at up to three resorts on one trip - it almost made the vacation seem longer since we always had a new backdrop to look forward to! It also helped me to really know which hotels I liked and which I definitely wanted to go back to again cos I had more to compare them to.

Getting more to the topic, we've never had to transfer our bags through bell services because we always drove down there so we just took them ourselves. Nevertheless, I've heard nothing but good things from those who have had their bags tranferred so you should be fine using them.

Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom