Getting from Disney World to Cape Canaveral?

TomHendricks

I'm going to be heading down to DW in October and I have a free day. I was thinking about heading over to Cape Canaveral. I'm not renting a car, so I was wondering if there are buses that go from Disney World to Cape Canaveral?

CatsMeow

I would guess that Mears travels there; they seem to travel just about anywhere else in the area, including Busch Gardens. A taxi would be very pricey, I would guess.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You best bet would be to contact Mears but to my knowledge they do not have a shuttle that goes to Kennedy Space center. Just judging by their pricing to Port Canaveral ($70) round trip you would be much better served by renting a car for the day.

Upvote 0

RebeccaMA

I think you should reconsider renting a car, even for just that day. It's not a short drive over there, and any shuttles or whatever are going to be expensive. You might check to see if there are any tours or anything that do that trip. Maybe ask AAA office if you are a member there.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Check the Kennedy Space Center website, I recall seeing something where you can do an inclusive tour that includes buses picking you up from various areas in Orlando, don't recall if one of them is disney or not, but even so, it would still be only a short taxi ride to where the bus leaves from.

Upvote 0

GoofyDan

Agreeing with others here -- if you can rent a car, just for a day, do it. We weighed other options and decided it would be worth it to have our own vehicle. We reserved an economy from Alamo and it was under $45 for a day. I figure with that and gas for 300 miles, we'll still be under $100.

We're planning to do the space center in the morning, spend a few minutes on the beach, then catch dinner in Cocoa Beach and stop at Super Target on the way back to the hotel. No way we could afford to do that with a shuttle or taxi.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom