Getting down to the Nitty Gritty...

BigNorm

I leave for WDW in approximately four days, :sohappy:, and I was wondering what everybody else does when they get down to the "nitty gritty" as it were and only have days/hours to go before they leave.

Personally I start watching everything I have, home movies from past years, vacation planning vids, everything. Then the morning I leave I can't get on the road without my mandatory Twinkie. It sounds weird I know, but it's been my traveling to Disney breakfast of choice since I started going when I was three. Ah the little things that bring happiness. :lol:

disneydudette

Originally posted by BigNorm
Then the morning I leave I can't get on the road without my mandatory Twinkie.

LOL! Thats so cute!

for me...well I dunno...
we definatlry do our CVS run...picking up snacks for the plane ride and week...
last trip we had to asure our CVS clerk that we did not have the "munchies"...and were just preparing for a week at disney!

Upvote 0

s25843

I just reconfirm our ressies, check to make sure everything is packed, and just wait it out, I go so much its just a standard way of life for me :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

marksniles

OK ready for this.....

I made about 20 Cds of Disney music for all 4 theme parks. I have attraction music, resort tv music, parades, fireworks, you name it and its on these CDs. We're driving down tis year and I calculated that it will take 22-23 hours to drive there and I have about 30 hours of music to listen to. It's going to be the best road trip ever. I printed out some WDW wordsearches from http://www3.sympatico.ca/timbarton/puzzels/puzzelp.htm to do while the wife drives. We did our yearly trip to Target and got soda, goodies, batteries, Dramemean( sp) for the road trip and Mission:Space, figuring out where to eat when we get there, etc. I've had this trip planned since March and I can't wait to go. We leave this Wednesday. We're staying at the All-Star Music resort. I love that place.

This year we bought a membership into the Disney Vacation Club and tomorrow I get to call to book our first vacation on the points for June 30-July 9th, 2004. It's cool. I'm planning for my next vacation before I even go on this years vacation.

Anyone else going to be in WDW the smae time I am??
Talk to all of you soon.
Mark

Upvote 0

jeffs10

Re: OK ready for this.....

Originally posted by marksniles
I made about 20 Cds of Disney music for all 4 theme parks. I have attraction music, resort tv music, parades, fireworks, you name it and its on these CDs. We're driving down tis year and I calculated that it will take 22-23 hours to drive there and I have about 30 hours of music to listen to. It's going to be the best road trip ever. I printed out some WDW wordsearches from http://www3.sympatico.ca/timbarton/puzzels/puzzelp.htm to

thanks for the cool link now i have some stuff to do on the plane ride to wdw.

I also have a crazy next 2 weeks.

Im leaving this thursday to go camping from aug14-19 up north in wisconsin.

I get back on tuesday then wensday im am flying out 7am for wdw. So i have to make sure i have enough time to get back and wash all my clothes so i dont smell like a camp fire on the plane.

Have fun on your trip

:wave:

Upvote 0

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Well I am leaving to go on Saturday, and I am just now getting everything together for the trip. Still have to make a couple trips to stores, etc. Busy week and unfortunately only one day off to prepare.

Upvote 0

ISTCrew20

Wow...thats just sad:hammer: ..Im just kidding, thats actually pretty cool. Just make sure you not Disney'd-out by the time you get down here, and have a great trip:D

Upvote 0

free9

Ours is just a three hour drive a couple of diet coke and a few packs of peanut-butter crackers...we will be taking that drive this friday....AKL here we come....all I do to get ready leading up to departure is check the crowd levels- by the way how are they????-and keep an eye on the weather:king: :king: :king: :king:

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

tiggerlover55

Thanx for the great word searches! I will use them on the way down! We leave friday night and should get there saturday evening to go and see the fireworks at either Epcot or Magic Kingdom!!!

4 DAYS I CAN'T WAIT ANY MORE! LOL

Upvote 0

wild01ride

Being a worrier, I always double, triple and quadruple check my packing list. Usually I have everything under the sun packed a few days ahead of time so I need to dig through the suitcase to find things here and there (hmm, can I go four days without brushing my teeth or using deodorant??:lol: )
As the day approaches, I usually like to flip through my Birnbaum book (even though I can barely see straight from being so excited!)
Then, just as I'm about to puke from the anticipation of the trip, the moment has arrived and we head to the airport!

Upvote 0

BigNorm

Original Poster
Well it's finally here (Mission:SPACE and my Disney vacation)! :sohappy: After I finish posting this I will be on my way! I'll try to post a trip report when I return. Until then I'll see you all in ten days! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom