Getting Discounts on WDW Tickets?

BrerFrog

I have got a friend who is planning a WDW Trip with her family in May and, when asking me for advise, she sent me this link which supposedly lists a bunch of ways through which one might get discounts in WDW tickets.

Well, the bottom line is: is there any way to buy tickets with discounts? If so, can it be done before the trip or is it something that can only be achieved after getting to Orlando?

Any help will be appreciated!

I often use Undercover Tourist for my park tickets. They are awesome. If you sign up for Mousesavers.com newsletter, every month you'll be emailed a newsletter with a link to additional savings with Undercover Tourist. The tickets are real WDW tickets and they work like a charm. One time, our entire families tickets didn't scan at MK, our first usage of those tickets, and they asked us where we got them, when we told them Undercover Tourist, they told us to go to guest relations right inside the park to get them re-assigned. We did, no worries...no questions, easy breezy. In the dozen or so times I have used UT, that was the only snag and it was quickly resolved. I had UT phone number with me, just in case, and take it along with my order number, just in case, but have never had to use it.

Usually I book my trip with room only discounts and get my tickets this way, unless there is a sweet deal with a Magic Your Way package that I can't pass up.

My next trip, I plan on using UT and the adult tickets are 28.00 cheaper for a 6 day hopper than buying through WDW.

When you order them, they arrive in about a week....

Upvote 0

chrissyw14

I often use Undercover Tourist for my park tickets. They are awesome. If you sign up for Mousesavers.com newsletter, every month you'll be emailed a newsletter with a link to additional savings with Undercover Tourist. The tickets are real WDW tickets and they work like a charm. One time, our entire families tickets didn't scan at MK, our first usage of those tickets, and they asked us where we got them, when we told them Undercover Tourist, they told us to go to guest relations right inside the park to get them re-assigned. We did, no worries...no questions, easy breezy. In the dozen or so times I have used UT, that was the only snag and it was quickly resolved. I had UT phone number with me, just in case, and take it along with my order number, just in case, but have never had to use it.

Usually I book my trip with room only discounts and get my tickets this way, unless there is a sweet deal with a Magic Your Way package that I can't pass up.

My next trip, I plan on using UT and the adult tickets are 28.00 cheaper for a 6 day hopper than buying through WDW.

When you order them, they arrive in about a week....

ditto, I did this for last August and it worked great, no problems, planning on buying through them again for our trip this August

Upvote 0

GoofyMac

Disney Discounts

I have found through the last year and 4 trips to Walt Disney World that if you want the best deal on a Disney vacation to just go ahead and book it through a Disney Vacation expert.

The offers that are available at this point in time are abundant and the value exceeds that of trying to save a dime here and a dollar there.

Example #1:

Last year Myself My wife and My daughter were all Passholders. We wanted to take my wife's Parents to Walt Disney World for their first trip while they were visiting from England. We booked our trip through Lisa Mills at Mouseketrips.

The deal that we got was a Family Suite at the Walt Disney World All Star Music Resort. 15 2 day single park tickets (Later converted to two 7 day park hopper passes for which we received a refund for the difference of nearly $200 via a Disney gift card) and the Disney Quick Service Dining Plan included free of charge because we booked our hotel and tickets. for under $3,000. Granted my family were already passholders so we didn't have to worry about passes if we did we would have to add $1200 to that cost. So lets just say it was $4000 for the entire week. Meals, Park passes and Hotel all covered for 5 people including our 5 year old daughter.

You'd be hard pressed to beat that anywhere else. For the type of accommodation and amenities included.

Example #2:

I am in the US Army Reserve eligible for the Military appreciation passes. Especially for a four day trip. Arguably the best discount Disney offers at the moment for park tickets. My vacation when I go on R&R in May I plan on taking my family for an 8 night 9 day vacation to Walt Disney World. I would like to stay in a Deluxe resort with a one bedroom suite. Our resort of choice is Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa especially since we plan on Buying in to this property when we become Disney Vacation Club members.

If we were to take full advantage of the Military Appreciation pass for 8 days it would actually cost us more than it would if we booked our passes through our Disney Vacation Expert along with the rest of our trip. Add to that when we do include our Passes we receive the Disney Dining Plan free of charge. Easily a $125 per day value. multiply that by Nine and you have a savings of over $1000.

We plan on taking a trip in October as well due to this fact it would be of benefit for us to use the cost of our 9 day Disney passes towards the purchase of an annual pass. as the difference in price is less than $200. realizing this being an annual pass holder offers us discounts on shopping and dining at Disney resorts and shops. As a passholder we would receive additional discounts on lodging at Walt Disney World resort Hotels and the Disney Dining plan.

We plan on becoming Disney Vacation Club Members early next year when I receive my annual bonus (Id rather pay cash for my membership than to go into debt). As a Disney Vacation Club Member we would receive a discount on our annual passes of $100 and additional discounts on shopping and dining throughout Walt Disney World and Disney Land as well as all other Disney Parks.

Disney does a great job of ensuring that you spend your money internally. In most cases a Disney vacation staying on Property will cost you the same or a little more than it would if you stayed off property. We have done this before and have realized that Staying on the Disney World Property in a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel is the most benificial option for our vacation needs.

We get the opportunity to utilize the Disney Transportation system Shopping is a breeze not having to worry about carrying things around the parks with you because they will deliver them right to your hotel for you. The extra magic hours are quite frankly the best option going. We schedule our days around the extended hours at the parks. WE LOVE Disney at night especially EPCOT. No one does it better.

By staying on the property you have the added value of the Disney Dining Plan. This takes the worry out of meals the only thing you have to worry about is where you want to eat ad how many credits you have left.

If you book your vacation through a Disney Vacation Expert We use Lisa Mills at Mousketrips they guarantee the best value. If a better value comes up you will be booked as such. Booking through an agent such as Lisa Mills is exactly the same as booking through Walt Disney World themselves they use the exact same system and offer the same discounts and offers.

It isn't worth saving $25 buying my tickets through an outside source when it would cost me the free dining plan as a result. We Love the Disney Dining Plan over all it is a better value than purchasing your meals individually. Adding to that the added hassle of the outside source if something goes wrong.

As I said earlier Disney does a GREAT job keeping the money within, offering little in the way of outside discounts. The real savings is when you go through Disney Directly. They are after all a Vacation / Entertainment company themselves.

Can you save money by staying OFF the property? Absolutely. Is the value and savings worth it for you? That is up to you and depends upon what you want out of your vacation.

For us we want the absolute least to worry about. We are from the Atlanta Area. It is a 7 hour drive for us. We drive down the night before. Stay in the Holiday Inn to get some rest from the drive night and to be fresh for the upcoming day. We Check in to our Disney Hotel early then utilize our Disney Dining plan for breakfast. If our room is ready we will take our stuff there and get settled. Check the schedule and decide what wed like to do for the rest of the day. By this time our daughter is ready to go to the pool or the Magic Kingdom (Her Favorite Park) can anyone blame her.

From there we just take it as it goes the only requirement is taking a mid day break after lunchtime back at the hotel to lounge around the pool and let our Daughter just play and interact with other kids before heading out to the parks for the night.

Hope this helps.

GoofyMac

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There are a number of ways to save money on a Disney vacation but discounted tickets are at the bottom of the list. Places like Maple Leaf, AAA and Undercover Tourist do offer legitimate ticket discounts but the discounts are fairly small and require purchasing a ticket of 4 days or more for that savings to even hit 2 digits. If they plan on staying on property they would be much better served by looking for a room or free dining discount.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom