Getting back from the Boardwalk

Moonjoe

Hello, we are staying at the Coronado Springs the first week of Feb. After an evening at Epcot, we may decide to spend some time at the Boardwalk and make a night of it at one of the Bars. Is there an easy way back to the Coronado after Epcot is closed, or will I have to take a bus to Downtown disney, then another back to our resort? I guess the other option would be to cab it. Any ideas?http://forums.wdwmagic.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
:confused:

Thanks,
Joe

coln84

depending on park closures, try taking a bus from MGM or Epcot. Otherwise you'll have to take a bus to Downtown Disney and then transfer to your hotel. The taxi idea is good, it'll definitly be a lot quicker but it is not free. If it so happens MK is closing around the time you leave, it may be quicker to take a bus there then to your hotel since they will have a lot of busses on standby.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I have been in your situation many times. I often hit ESPN and stay until last call! On many occasions, I've had to take the bus back to DTD around 1:30 AM. The bus drivers are usually pretty cool about stopping off at your resort and giving you door to door service. This has taken place several times.

I've just always been cool with the driver and told them that we're just going to DTD to catch the bus to whatever resort we're crashing at and about 75% of the time they take us there. This only has happened when no one else is trying to go to DTD.

On the trips that we've had to go to DTD, we usually get another beer there. It helps with the transfer!

Upvote 0

labattican

my wife and i usually just jump in a taxi out front if it's late. over thanksgiving, we had a late dinner at the flying fish with relatives and everyone piled into a taxi van to get back to old key west and it was only $8, which i consider to be the greatest deal in disney history. you can't get 2 beers on the property for less than that. now the coronado is further away than OKW, but if you're there late, you've had a couple drinks, and you don't feel like making the trip back to the room an hour experience, i highly encourage the taxi.

no matter what you choose, you're going to have a good time.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
A cab will be your best bet. Coronado is only a few miles away so I can't see a cab ride costing more than $10-$20.

However since you are staying at Coronado you might get lucky with the bus. A few years ago my wife and I stayed at Jellyrolls until 2:00 AM and expected to take the bus to PI and then from PI back to Coronado. Much to our surprise the Boardwalk DTD bus was also servicing Coronado as well. According to the driver, late at night when the capacity on the busses is low Coronado will get added on to the Boardwalk route.

This was on a week night so the same thing might not happen but it is worth a shot if a cab is not an option.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

We took a cab back from the Boarkwalk to PO Riverside earlier this month and it only cost us $10 which was well worth it since it was a 5 minute ride as opposed to over an hour.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom