Getting around the world from Coronado Springs

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Hi All!

I am in the process of narrowing down my resort choice for next Fall(2021) and am looking at Coronado Springs. Does it take long to get to the parks (not AK since it seems to be near there)? We’re looking to spend our time at the Parks, resort hopping and Disney Springs. Has anyone stayed at CR and have any advice, tips, stories? Thanks!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Hi All!

I am in the process of narrowing down my resort choice for next Fall(2021) and am looking at Coronado Springs. Does it take long to get to the parks (not AK since it seems to be near there)? We’re looking to spend our time at the Parks, resort hopping and Disney Springs. Has anyone stayed at CR and have any advice, tips, stories? Thanks!
I'm a deluxe snob, but I like CSR. If you're not on the monorail loop, there's definitely a bus in your future anyway. We find that the dispersed bus stops make it convenient -- you don't have to go to El Centro to catch a bus to the parks.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Thank you! I'm a deluxe snob, but I like CSR. If you're not on the monorail loop, there's definitely a bus in your future anyway. We find that the dispersed bus stops make it convenient -- you don't have to go to El Centro to catch a bus to the parks.
I’d love to start staying at Deluxe Resorts but then I’d have to cut down my other vacations and i just can’t do it🤣. Saving GF for a truly special occasion.

Kamikaze

Hi All!

Love Coronado, but Caribbean Beach is now superior due to the Skyliner. And two of your list - parks and resort hopping - are much easier to do via the Skyliner.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
CSR is about as "Central" as you can get. For convenience Minnie Van and Uber can't be beat.

When I stay there a lot of times I won't go straight to a Park. I'll drive or Uber to Boardwalk - explore a bit and go in through IG or Skyline, boat over to DHS. Same thing on the way back. I do the same for MK - catch a ride to Poly or Contemp or in some cases even WL.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
CSR is about as "Central" as you can get. For convenience Minnie Van and Uber can't be beat.

When I stay there a lot of times I won't go straight to a Park. I'll drive or Uber to Boardwalk - explore a bit and go in through IG or Skyline, boat over to DHS. Same thing on the way back. I do the same for MK - catch a ride to Poly or Contemp or in some cases even WL.
Thanks for the heads up! Do you then walk over from Poly to CSR?

daisyduckie

I would recommend having a car or taking uber/lyft/Minnie van.
CSR has terrilbe transportation in my opinion.

I'm going to say I couldn't disagree with you more.

CSR has a great location, close to 3 of the 4 parks. Plus the buses are not as crowded as the other resorts, one of the benefits of CSR being a convention resort. As is the more upscale feel of CSR compared to the other moderates. And I've stayed at them all!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I'm going to say I couldn't disagree with you more.

CSR has a great location, close to 3 of the 4 parks. Plus the buses are not as crowded as the other resorts, one of the benefits of CSR being a convention resort. As is the more upscale feel of CSR compared to the other moderates. And I've stayed at them all!

Location compared to the parks doesn't matter if the transporation is poor.
We were late to RD several times due to arriving at a bus stop about 1hr15mins prior to park opening and seeing buses going to one park and none going to the one we were going to for about 45 minutes.
We also felt very turned off by it being a convention hotel because the CM's seemed more orientated to business crowds and not Disney guests.
I would only consider staying again if it was adults only AND I would not be using the buses.

daisyduckie

Location compared to the parks doesn't matter if the transporation is poor.
We were late to RD several times due to arriving at a bus stop about 1hr15mins prior to park opening and seeing buses going to one park and none going to the one we were going to for about 45 minutes.
We also felt very turned off by it being a convention hotel because the CM's seemed more orientated to business crowds and not Disney guests.
I would only consider staying again if it was adults only AND I would not be using the buses.

That stinks. I have never had either problem in multiple stays.

Ghostdog

I LOVE Coronado. Very centrally located. It is a large resort but we’ve never had an issue with the busses. We looked into one of the Minnie Vans last year when we stayed at AKL, but decided against it...way too expensive for my liking. Plus, why would you pay for transportation when it’s included with your resort stay, spend that money and buy a souvenirs.🙂

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
That stinks. I have never had either problem in multiple stays.
I LOVE Coronado. Very centrally located. It is a large resort but we’ve never had an issue with the busses. We looked into one of the Minnie Vans last year when we stayed at AKL, but decided against it...way too expensive for my liking. Plus, why would you pay for transportation when it’s included with your resort stay, spend that money and buy a souvenirs.🙂

I wonder if buses have become more reliable and CM's have been more Disney orientated since I stayed there.
This was in August 2011.
We had many issues between the bus, them losing our luggage and blaming us for it (it was found eventually), the waiter at Maya Grill being over the top rude, the front desk CM not properly linking 2 rooms CC's to their KTTWC which caused major delays at 2 restaurants, and the CM'as not properly linking tickets on 2 guest's KTTWC's so then when they went to use them for the first time they couldn't get in the park...
I'm sure with online check in and MDE half of our issues would not have been issues.

Disney4family

We just had an amazing stay at the Gran Destino. We used a bus most times and it was fine.

When it was crazy mobbed (since it was a cheerleading event), my daughter and I grabbed cabs. One was always there ready to roll, it cost us under $10 and we were at the parks in a split second. We took a cab to the Contemporary and walked over when we wanted to go to MK. I didn't mind spending the extra $ occasionally since time was so precious.

We did get a Minnie Van for our last ride back to the resort to go home. As you all know, that's a really rough time. My daughter could not go on a public bus. A Minnie Van was sitting right in the bus area of MK. It was expensive, but probably the best money I spent that whole trip. As soon as the CM heard why we had to leave the MK, he kicked into gear and spoke with my daughter the whole time. I don't know if I was crying more because I was also miserable leaving or because he was amazing with her.

I thought the resort was beautiful and very conveniently located. It was also gorgeous. I sat for hours enjoying the beautiful lake. The CMs were as warm and friendly as you would expect. I have no complaints. We're DVC, but my husband wants to stay here since we gush about our time here.

The Skyliner at the Riviera was fast and fun. The resort lobby, however, was disappointing compared to the Gran Destino. It looked like a furniture store with a very low ceiling. I would love to experience the whole resort one day. Many people speak highly of it.

daisyduckie

I wonder if buses have become more reliable and CM's have been more Disney orientated since I stayed there.
This was in August 2011.
We had many issues between the bus, them losing our luggage and blaming us for it (it was found eventually), the waiter at Maya Grill being over the top rude, the front desk CM not properly linking 2 rooms CC's to their KTTWC which caused major delays at 2 restaurants, and the CM'as not properly linking tickets on 2 guest's KTTWC's so then when they went to use them for the first time they couldn't get in the park...
I'm sure with online check in and MDE half of our issues would not have been issues.

No wonder you are in no hurry to go back.:banghead:

MissingDisney

CSR has become our favorite mod after years of preferring POFQ.
So much is new and fresh! It’s beautiful and we’ve never had a problem with bus service, even during peak times like spring break.

Richie248

Love CRS! Stayed there twice this past year. Didn't have any issues with the bus, the only downside is there are multiple stops around the resort (but that's the case at other Moderates as well). I find the Skyliner hours are not conducive to my morning schedule as I like to head out earlier than the Skyliner is operating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom