getting a bit worried now

keri150107

I keep reading threads about how run down things are getting, how WoL is shabby and how things ain't what they used to be. Coming for my honeymoon in 4 weeks (from UK) and am just getting really worried that WDW might not match up to expectations

natalia1681

I wouldn't worry. WOL isn't a pavilion that is open always, it is typically just used on extremely crowded times so there is somewhere for folks to go. Therefore, it hasn't gotten the attention that it probably deserves. I was at Disney in September and thought that it was wonderful. It lived up to all of my expectations and I am returning on Jan 3rd. Don't worry about what other people are saying. I imagine that you will have a wonderful trip!:wave:

Upvote 0

AnnieLondon

I agree with Natalia, please don't worry Disney is out of this world and coming from England I think we appreciate it even more! We leave in 9 days and we cannot wait - walking into the Magic Kingdom for the first time will simply take your breath away and the tear's in our daughters eyes when she met Cindrella was worth all the saving and we now do it every year.

Have a fab time and Congratulations on your wedding.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

The comments that you've read are most likely from frequent visitors to the parks - those who have time to compare and be picky (no offense meant - you're comments and views are welcome and valid). However, to those who go infrequently or to the first time visitor, WDW is something to behold - something without comparison and a great time is almost guaranteed.

Upvote 0

MrsPilk

Our family went on our first trip to Disney in April 2004. None of us had ever been before my husband, myself and our two daughters ages 1 & 4 at the time had the time of our lives! We have not yet returned but are going next year some time just not sure when yet! I can tell you that we found nothing shabby at all about it! We cannot wait to return in a few months :sohappy: Congrats on the wedding and I wish I were going in four weeks!

Upvote 0

BrerKev

I completely agree with what others have said. I think if you live there, you may find subtle things that change or may need work. But for me, I am just so thrilled to be at WDW that all I see is the MAGIC.

What a fabulous way to enjoy your honeymoon. Congratulations!

Upvote 0
there is no doubt money needs to be put into the park. we were there from 11/15-11/25 and had some breakdowns on a few rides,but i'd rather be there then here and would go back in a heartbeat. have fun

Upvote 0

smk

I have been to WDW 3 times this year, 3 times last year and 4 times the year before that. It cost us a ton of money to go and I would NOT go back time and time again if it was run down and sad. I love WDW, I get a good feeling each and everytime I go. I know that some things can be fixed, I usually don't go looking for trouble spots so I don't find them. I hope you go and make many good memories, just like my family and I have. I can't wait to go back, I would be there today if I could:) .

Upvote 0
We just got back from our trip at the beginning of December. Everything is wonderful. We have been 3 times in 1 year. There are some things to notice if you go alot... but I never notice problems. We have too much fun :)

You will have a great time. Best Wishes.

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

I keep reading threads about how run down things are getting, how WoL is shabby and how things ain't what they used to be. Coming for my honeymoon in 4 weeks (from UK) and am just getting really worried that WDW might not match up to expectations

I was thinking about this today. With respect to a forum such as this, I think that there is one negative (to go with so many positives) with our ability to communicate in this manner. That negative is having tens of thousands of pairs of eyes at WDW on frequent occasion. In the past, the experiences I had during my trip were essentially all that allowed me to forge an opinion. Now, if a light bulb burns out at POP or a ride goes down for 20 min., someone will most likely report it and possibly post a photo. Can you imagine this much scrutiny of your hometown, place of work, etc. I really believe the impact of these daily reports can alter perception. I've spoken to people who visited in the 70's and 80's and they tell me that they enjoy the parks even more now. They find that rides actually break down less, the rides and shows are much better, there is a greater variety of resorts and the crowds are better managed with Fastpasses and many themed queues.

I'm confident that had these discussion forums been available in 1976, we'd be reading everyday about the break downs of 20,000 Leagues or the ridiculous queues for Space Mountain Don't be alarmed at all. WDW is still the cleanest, friendliest, most fun place on Earth.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Fear not. It will be all you hoped for, and much more! WDW is an amazing place, and you will have a wonderful time!

Have a wonderful honeymoon, and post a trip report when you get back home! :wave:

Upvote 0

davewasbaloo

We are frequent Disney guests of the resorts around the globe. And I will admit, some standards do seem to have slipped. However, if you have never been to WDW - you will be blown away. There is nothing in Britain like it, and compared to most things here - WDW on a bad or dirty day is impeccable compared to the UK.

If you are a regular Disney guest, you will still have a blast. We just spent 11 days at WDW and I think I can count 5 experiences that have lessened or can have room for improvement. That's from someone who had 100's of experiences there and can probably count about 800 disney days in his life. Not bad odds.

Congratulations on your upcoming marrage and have a great honeymoon at WDW - best honeymoon spot on the globe! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom