Get out your crystal balls, Do you foresee Disney parks getting better, worse or staying the same?

Overall, feelings for the parks in the coming 5 years.

• Worse:

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Better

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • about the same

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • other: there are always much smarter folks out there

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Say within the next five years. I'm firmly in the "it is what it is camp" and think it will pretty much stay the same. In terms of crowds I think it's going to stay crowded or if any thing when star wars gets on line it will worse, literally be packed to the gills most of the time. I do think the ride offerings are better and I'm looking forward to SW land and Galaxy of the guardians. I also like the new food offerings in Disney springs (although I too can honestly say Adventurers club was so unique and entertaining, I miss it). Unfortunately I live in high cost of living Philadelphia and NYC so restaurant prices at the world don't shock me at all.
I think my visiting level will pretty much stay at once a year.

Feel free to throw other parameters in there

DisneyDoctor

The actual property will be slightly better. But, what makes me more excited than anything, is the announcements to come at next year's D23 and beyond. We could be in store for some very crazy things.

Br’er Rabbit

Don’t see how it would get worse. Ticket prices may increase and they might push more upcharge events but we will also be getting new rides, shows, restaurants, and lands. That’s ultimately what makes the parks a fun experience or not.

erasure fan1

I think within 5 years things will be about the same. Things like galaxies edge should be a great add. But because the park will not be able to handle it, I see complete gridlock. I think we are stuck in this good decision, bad decision handling of the parks until Iger is gone at least. I don't see the nickel and diming going away or the just put whatever attraction wherever there is space mentality. If they actually have a cohesive plan for the studios and epcot, I would change my vote to better.

jloucks

This one for me is pretty much focused on one topic. Crowd Levels. I don't see the park getting any less claustrophobic anytime soon, so one big ole downvote from me.

Everything else I can deal with, or is indirectly related.

JIMINYCR

I think the parks will improve and we will continue finding a reason to come back. Disney has a history of moving forward and not stagnating, even if it moves at a slower pace than we would like. I believe as new attractions are introduced we will find new ways to be thrilled. We may see some favorites go away to make room for them as has happened in the past, and we will have to accept that. I believe Disney will have to grow and open up new parks and crowd levels will come and go as peoples income and the economy adjusts up and down.

Astro_Digital

Me I have not been to WDW in 2 years and I have no desire to return for now.
I imagine in maybe 5 or 6 years, but the crowds keep increasing and prices keep increasing.

Can not afford it, and the crowds turn me away

Legendary

I have noticed that it has gotten worse each year for the past few years and I don’t think they are moving fast enough to accommodate the amount of guests that come in every day. The Theater in MK would have been a huge improvement and I was so sad to hear that it was canceled. People eater attractions like that would definitely help with crowds. As for food, it’s too expensive for us to eat TS anymore. Maybe for a special occasion every couple of years. But for a family of four with a tip I just can’t just paying $250. But those ADR’s still get filled, go figure.

Rumrunner

Say within the next five years. I'm firmly in the "it is what it is camp" and think it will pretty much stay the same. In terms of crowds I think it's going to stay crowded or if any thing when star wars gets on line it will worse, literally be packed to the gills most of the time. I do think the ride offerings are better and I'm looking forward to SW land and Galaxy of the guardians. I also like the new food offerings in Disney springs (although I too can honestly say Adventurers club was so unique and entertaining, I miss it). Unfortunately I live in high cost of living Philadelphia and NYC so restaurant prices at the world don't shock me at all.
I think my visiting level will pretty much stay at once a year.

Feel free to throw other parameters in there
Not sure it will improve until Disney stops the earlier and earlier closing of the parks. Just compacts the crowds into shorter hours. That is a big negative for me.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Disney World seems to be, and always has been, on a roller coaster of ups and downs when it comes to quality.

Fantasyland Expansion, down... Avatarland, up... Toy Story Land, down... Star Wars Land, most likely up...

Willmark

Worse, I don’t see crowds dropping anytime soon and the Mouse is going to continue to ratcheting up the costs.

This December may be our last.

LUVofDIS

To me, things for those that can weather through the upcoming economic storm will have it better, lower crowds with small price increases and newer attractions.

For me, all the economic indicators are flashing red, the ten year and two bond market are getting closer in percentages, the housing market seems to be on the top of another bubble, wage increase can't keep up with inflation, many stocks are over valued, no one knows the effects of quantitative easing, etc. I hope I am wrong but I think another recession is on the horizon and that could lessen the crowd levels. It's a crappy way to do it. I think it will happen by 2020. Once again, I hope I am wrong, but all the indicators seem to point to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom