"Get More Happy" - new Disneyland Resort Slogan for 2018

dweezil78

is that really the issue people are having? that they think disneyland is suggesting we get increasingly more happy, but using bad grammar in doing so? because that's not what I'm reading it as. I'm seeing it as collecting more happy. You currently have 8 happy, but disneyland wants you to have more. where do you get more happy? At disneyland! happiness as a thing to collect, not as an emotion to be measured.

Yeah... this is a pretty ridiculous thread. :rolleyes: Some of these people could use more happy, that's for sure!!!

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Watching the video I linked earlier, when they showed the "Woo-Hoo" ears, I thought of SFMM and riding roller coasters. Not Disneyland.

smile

Again I think everyone is looking at this in the wrong way. Its a hashtag slogan.

The answer to your question "'get more' - more than what?", its not "more than what" that is what you are missing

fair enough - and i addressed that too...
and you're right, we're in an age when one of the largest companies in the world prefers 'Get More Happy!' to 'Get Happier!' (and we all know the diz track record when aiming for 'hip' :rolleyes:)
- doesn't make it any less nonsensical and is indirectly demeaning to the target audience... no, thanks - and it deserves a mention.

Yeah... this is a pretty ridiculous thread. :rolleyes: Some of these people could use more happy, that's for sure!!!

SILENCE IS ACCEPTANCE!

:p

Rich T

is that really the issue people are having? that they think disneyland is suggesting we get increasingly more happy, but using bad grammar in doing so? because that's not what I'm reading it as. I'm seeing it as collecting more happy. You currently have 8 happy, but disneyland wants you to have more. where do you get more happy? At disneyland! happiness as a thing to collect, not as an emotion to be measured.
The issue is that it's a stupid slogan. Even 6 Flags' dumb "More Flags=More Fun!" slogan was bette-- Naw, that one was awful too. :D

Phroobar

This one is better:

ush_simpsons_06.jpg

smile

Great, that reads like "Get More Happy Disneyland!"

aaand we're back to the oriental massage parlor

The issue is that it's a stupid slogan. Even 6 Flags' dumb "More Flags=More Fun!" slogan was bette-- Naw, that one was awful too. :D

hahWOW - never knew that one... good gravy

don't even blame the folks coming up with this stuff, really - it's the folks approving and/or paying for it o_O

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I just Googled Get More Happy, and on the first page came up a New York Times article suggesting you buy more takeout and hire a maid.

I already have a maid service every two weeks, and try to buy as much takeout as my low sodium diet allows.

I would add to the list avoiding people who use their strollers to run you over.

Rich T

lol, I'm more than befuddled at the...what?...outrage??? over something so benign. I love the slogan. I'm going to get more happy now.
Hardly outrage, monsterdavid. It's the world of internet fan forums. We're simply expressing an opinion. Glad you like the slogan; this world would be boring if everyone agreed on everything all the time. I can still be a fan of what DL used to be, mostly still is, and potentially still can be while still speaking up when I think Disney's done something dumb. You go and get more happy--and I'm not being sarcastic. :)

Last edited:

smile

appreciated - some funny bits lightly sprinkled, but otherwise, generally horrendous...
however, and i don't know if this is some weird stockholm syndrome type thing or what, mr. six grew on me. until the change-over. then it happened again :confused:

If they were going for grammatically incorrect, why didn't they at least stay in brand with "Get Happiest!"

or maybe even GIT TEH MOSTSET HAPYIST EVARRRRRR K

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom