Get Me Outa This Resort!

NiarrNDisney

Yes I stayed at the AllStar Music back in 06' and it was crowded with a bunch of obnoxious teenagers who were there for some band thing! At one point they got in trouble with the management and I believe the kids and chaperons were all given a stern talking to. Luckily I did not find myself having to switch resorts due to them only being there for a short periode of time and I had bought a few bottles of wine!

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Yes I stayed at the AllStar Music back in 06' and it was crowded with a bunch of obnoxious teenagers who were there for some band thing! At one point they got in trouble with the management and I believe the kids and chaperons were all given a stern talking to. Luckily I did not find myself having to switch resorts due to them only being there for a short periode of time and I had bought a few bottles of wine!
Wow! Nightmare.This happened to us staying at Sheraton World Resort on I- Drive in 2004. It was the start of our 2nd week( first week on site at WDW ) About midnight these teenagers were going berserk in the pool,about 50 of them.They evidently were put out,but the next night was the same.How we wished we were back at Disney.:(

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I wouldn't but that's just me!!! I have my own noisy kids All I want on vacation is a good 6 hours of uninterupted sleep a night!!
Noisy is ok,unruly no way.But if I recommended somewhere like " All Stars " and those folk came back with a nightmare story.My recommendations would be trash.I'd be ruined for life." Don't listen to the Hatter,his resort choice was S...:(

Upvote 0

disneysince71

ASM back in 98. Brazilian teen tour screaming at all hours of the night. I finally reached my boiling point and ran out screaming. Amazingly it worked! I don't pay good money for that type of behavior b
Well I run a program where we bring around 130 of those screaming cheerleaders every year.... Several of them...Have never been passed the state line. Personally our group is well chaperoned and we make them behave and follow strict curfews.
Hatter one of my coolist Disney moments is when I take a group of girls to the castle for the first time and they just stare....or the first time they see Mickey Mouse... It brings tears to your eyes... Its a true blessing to coach these girls.... It's what it's all about :)

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Well I run a program where we bring around 130 of those screaming cheerleaders every year.... The positive and blessing to this is Several of them because of financial restraints.. Have never been passed the state line. Personally our group is well chaperoned and we make them behave and follow strict curfews.
Hatter one of my coolist Disney moments is when I take a group of girls to the castle for the first time and they just stare....or the first time they see Mickey Mouse... It brings tears to your eyes... It's what it's all about :)
Totally agree.I think Disney spray essence of raw onion in the air on Main Street hence why so many teary eyed tourists ;)

Upvote 0

Hulacat

We found out the hard way that staying at a moderate doesn't guarantee refuge from hordes of unsupervised teens- the tail end of our Disneymoon at POR was soured by a double whammy of band competition and cheer competition teens. Turns out that POR is regularly invaded by the cheerios & other groups- and the ones we dealt with were horribly unsupervised and bratty. Not what you expect when you pay more to escape this type of madness.

Upvote 0

Bparso87

Value can be good for first timers if they have kids. It is a very cheap vacation if you get free dining so I tell people who have not been to try it out. The resort will not keep people from coming back bc the experience around the parks out does anything in the resort. I would no stay at a value anymore but that is just me.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Thankfully, this has never happened to us. I am sorry for those of you who has experienced such disturbances. Hard to wrap your head around spending good money and not being happy.
Agree Sue.I would be most unhappy.Although having spent 43 days in total at PORS, over 3 vacations,the only time I've ever seen kids going wild was when " Yee Haw Bob" was tinkling the Ivories ;)

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

Morning Folks. After my question about the most relaxing resort at WDW.Have you ever stayed at a resort where it's the opposite.? Maybe it was a tour group going bananas? Or Cheerleader convention,? Or kids from hell running amok.?:eek:

I keep very far away from value resorts for this reason..lol..however my first trip to the Coronado Resort many years ago was rather humorous as I had booked our room unknowingly during the Gay Pride week and there was a convention being held at the Coronado..Didnt bother me a bit but alot of guests were in an uproar...demanding to be moved...We had zero issues...my daughter(in college now) was probably 8-9 and was like whats the big deal..I told her there wasnt one...it was quite an enjoyable week

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom