News George Kalogridis former WDW Pres finally retires

Disstevefan1

My father-in-law retired from RCID several years ago, he had many perks like a WDW cast member like his own main gate pass, extra passes, passes to parties, SUPER merch discounts, food coupons etc. but I digress.

Anyway he was regularly mailed the Eyes and Ears, it's like the WDW cast newspaper and I always noticed that many cast members and VERY LONG careers, 25, 35, 45, 50 years. It was really great to see.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
My father-in-law retired from RCID several years ago, he had many perks like a WDW cast member like his own main gate pass, extra passes, passes to parties, SUPER merch discounts, food coupons etc. but I digress.

Anyway he was regularly mailed the Eyes and Ears, it's like the WDW cast newspaper and I always noticed that many cast members and VERY LONG careers, 25, 35, 45, 50 years. It was really great to see.
You can't buy that kind of experience on the open labor market.

peter11435

What exactly did he do for RCID?

Disstevefan1

What exactly did he do for RCID?
He worked in I guess you could call a RCID post office.
Let me backup a little. Before RCID he retired from the US Postal System.
Then he got a job working what I will call the RCID post office.
He was a RCID employee but worked in what was called a "contract post office" These are post offices if you were to look at them look just like US post offices, and are public post offices, but have contracts with the US government to operate a US post office. I presume WDW would use this post office as sort of a mailroom where their mailings are handled, but they are also fully operational US post offices for anyone to use.
His location was in the now closed Crossroads.

Ah, the good old days....

Last edited:

Lilofan

The worked in I guess you could call a RCID post office.
He was a RCID employee but worked in what was called a "contract post office" These are post offices if you were to look at them look just like US post offices, and are public post offices, but have contracts with the US government to operate a US post office. I presume WDW would use this post office as sort of a mailroom where their mailings are handled, but they are also fully operational US post offices for anyone to use.

Near Crossroads in the early 1990s was the infamous Baja Beach Club where locals and tourists , happy hour included the foam party that frothed up the dance floor where it got crazy.

castlecake2.0

He worked in I guess you could call a RCID post office.

I used this post office before it closed and found it interesting that they wore RCID name tags, now I know why!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom