Genie+ question for up our upcoming trip

beachlover4444

Original Poster
I see conflicting answers about this. We bought multiday tickets pre pandemic before genie plus. It says genie+ is $15. How do I purchase it now? should I purchase it before I go? I want to have it ready to go at 7 am to begin booking, Also someone said they were charged more than $15 they were hit with the difference in the ticket price. is that true? I’m sure our ticket prices have changed since we last moved our ticket availability dates. Also anyone know what the current spring break cost have been for individual lightning lanes?

nickys

Premium Member
I see conflicting answers about this. We bought multiday tickets pre pandemic before genie plus. It says genie+ is $15. How do I purchase it now? should I purchase it before I go? I want to have it ready to go at 7 am to begin booking, Also someone said they were charged more than $15 they were hit with the difference in the ticket price. is that true? I’m sure our ticket prices have changed since we last moved our ticket availability dates. Also anyone know what the current spring break cost have been for individual lightning lanes?
You can not buy it in advance unless you add it for every day of your ticket.

And yes, they changed things recently so if you add it in advance you will pay the difference in ticket price between when you bought the tickets and now.

You can add it day by day at any time starting after midnight on the day in question.

beachlover4444

Original Poster

And yes, they changed things recently so if you add it in advance you will pay the difference in ticket price between when you bought the tickets and now.

You can add it day by day at any time starting after midnight on the day in question.
Wow they really need to make that more clear. We will get creamed on the ticket price increase. We are there 7 days so I think we will pass on it and hope for the best and just ride short lines. we can get the individual ones thought right?

DVC Ted

It is absolutely easy to buy Genie+ day-by-day. IMO, it’s a waste of money for parks like Epcot. On a recent trip, on days we wanted Genie+, I got on my phone at 6:45 AM. It just takes a few minutes to buy. Then I’m ready when 7:00 AM rolls around.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wow they really need to make that more clear. We will get creamed on the ticket price increase. We are there 7 days so I think we will pass on it and hope for the best and just ride short lines. we can get the individual ones thought right?

You can still buy Genie+ day to day if you want. Even if you don't buy it you can still buy individual lighttight lane rides.

jloucks

On our recent trip we really struggled with the throttle built into Genie+ and the Lightening Lane system. They make you wait until your booked ride is complete or 4 hours, whichever comes first, to book another ride. So, yea, maybe if you start booking the split second you can (12:01 am?) you could book a few more than we were able to. I give the system a C+ at best.

Before I learned the hard way, I was pretty pumped, I figured I'd spend $300 a day on quick lines and have a great time. Nope, not even close to how it works. :p

JusticeDisney

Wait, let me make sure I understand this. Just by way of example (and using nice round numbers), if I bought a 5-day hopper pass months ago for $400, and the cost of such a hopper pass is now $450, then if I attempt to add Genie+ to each of the 5 days in advance, I will be charged $15 per day PLUS an additional $50? Do I understand that correctly?

nickys

Premium Member
Wait, let me make sure I understand this. Just by way of example (and using nice round numbers), if I bought a 5-day hopper pass months ago for $400, and the cost of such a hopper pass is now $450, then if I attempt to add Genie+ to each of the 5 days in advance, I will be charged $15 per day PLUS an additional $50? Do I understand that correctly?
As far as I understood the discussion, yes.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I got on my phone at 6:45 AM. It just takes a few minutes to buy. Then I’m ready when 7:00 AM rolls around.
For many families, getting up so early is a horrible requirement - they're on vacation and sleeping late is part of that. Personally, I'm an early riser, but I can see this being a major knock for those families that would love to sleep in until 10:00am. Now they can't otherwise they'll risk paying for a genie+ but not have any availability

Atlantix2000

Yes, but you can still avoid the extra $50 by buying Genie+ separately on each day of your trip. A little extra work, but then you also have the option to NOT buy it on days you don't really need it.

diminnie

We are AP, so had the tickets. Bought Genie + each day at $15.00 per person, and the Lighting Lanes vary in cost per ride per person, and that depends on the time of year visiting, level of the particular ride and crowd size. Hope that helps.

JusticeDisney

We are AP, so had the tickets. Bought Genie + each day at $15.00 per person, and the Lighting Lanes vary in cost per ride per person, and that depends on the time of year visiting, level of the particular ride and crowd size. Hope that helps.
Very helpful, thanks so much!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom