Genie + in September?

addacollier

Original Poster
Hi all, My son & I are in Orlando between 20 Sept and 4 Oct. We’re about to book a 7 day WDW pass (2 days each park & 1 at AK). My initial thoughts are to skip the first round of G+ in Sept and sign up for G+ in our 2nd round of parks at MK, EPCOT & DHS in Oct. Does this sound reasonable? Thinks in advance.

CaptainAmerica

Hi CA, Its our 5th visit to WDW but our first go at G+. We won’t be park hopping.
I would recommend getting Genie+ on your first Magic Kingdom day. It's the park that needs it the most, it's the easiest way to "practice" with it, and it's the park where you can still get some value out of it even if you're bad at it. It really does take some practice to get good at it.

The risk of doing all the parks without it first is that you say to yourself "oh we'll get to that on Genie+ day." Versus if you do your Genie+ days first, you can try to do as much as possible and be super efficient the first time through the parks, and then if you do a second day without Genie+, you know what you've already gotten to so you can be much more relaxed and deliberate.

addacollier

Original Poster
I would recommend getting Genie+ on your first Magic Kingdom day. It's the park that needs it the most, it's the easiest way to "practice" with it, and it's the park where you can still get some value out of it even if you're bad at it. It really does take some practice to get good at it.

The risk of doing all the parks without it first is that you say to yourself "oh we'll get to that on Genie+ day." Versus if you do your Genie+ days first, you can try to do as much as possible and be super efficient the first time through the parks, and then if you do a second day without Genie+, you know what you've already gotten to so you can be much more relaxed and deliberate.
Many thanks for the advice. I wasn’t against G+ but there have been lots of suggestions that September 2023 is likely to be quieter that previous months.

CaptainAmerica

Many thanks for the advice. I wasn’t against G+ but there have been lots of suggestions that September 2023 is likely to be quieter that previous months.
Are you there for two weeks continuous, or two separate trips? The crowds in late September versus early October won't be meaningfully different than each other.

addacollier

Original Poster
Are you there for two weeks continuous, or two separate trips? The crowds in late September versus early October won't be meaningfully different than each other.
2 weeks continuous. We’re planning to do WDW in the middle 11 days and SeaWorld/shopping at the beginning & end.

Riviera Rita

If you do go for the Genie+ don't forget to make good use of the Magic Lenses, it's especially good for when you are in line and bored and it's a real hoot, some are only available in certain parks and areas of parks, like Star Wars and Grogu ones at Galaxy's Edge for example, but, I could use them on transportation too and in resorts. I honestly felt I was the only one making use of it and it was nice to have people offer to take my photo when I was having so much fun with it, but, seemed bemused when I said it was fine.. You can also use some for pictures without having a face in it. If you are paying that much for something you should get your money's worth and they will be downloaded onto your photopass account or straight onto your phone if it the type that backs all photos up straight away. I did post one of me, but, I don't think you want to see my ugly mug so I deleted it. 🤣
I was there for Christmas, and you'll be there for Halloween so you should get some really good Halloween shots at MK.

50th Photo Booth Lens - 2022-11-20 15_46_44.jpg
EARidescent 50th Lens - 2022-11-22 07_58_57.jpg
EARidescent 50th Lens - 2022-11-21 15_56_30.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom