General rule(s) for dessert substitution?

JPG

Original Poster
On the DDP, A burger and fries for lunch is plenty for me (adding Chocolate Cake to most every meal seems overkill!)

I've read elsewhere you can (in general) substitute for bottled water?

Is that correct and is that the extent of what you can substitute?

Thanks in advance!!

GoochDSA

I didn't really use the CS for lunch or dinner. I really only try to use it for breakfasts. With that being said, I know that for breakfast you can have any CS meal and (2) beverages (usually go with choc milk or OJ and a bottle of water). As for other CS meals I am not sure.

Rob562

JPG, you are correct. At just about every Counter Service location, they'll let you order a bottled water as your "dessert". I've done this a few times. (Just say "And I'd like a bottle of water instead of a dessert", simple as that)
It's also a handy tip if you buy the refillable mug at your hotel and you get a meal in the hotel food court. Rather than wasting a fountain drink, get water as your beverage and save it for later.

For breakfast using a CS credit, they'll often let you subtitute one of the beverages (you get 1 juice and 1 beverage) with a "dessert" item. At Pop Century back in June I was able to get a waffle, juice and a croissant (I had the refillable mug for coffee)

-Rob

LaughingGravy

I'm still amazed at a bottle of water being something that people pay multiple dollars for one way or another, either in money or dining plan credit.
I grew up drinking water out of the tap and it was always fine.
Some places were always better than others, but nothing justifying paying dollars for a bottle of what I can get for free, or pennies.
That and the petroleum used for the bottles.
I'm just glad that there's as much recycling as there is.
Should be more,though.
I wonder how many soda and water bottles are thrown in the trash at WDW instead of being recycled every day.

I'm still amazed at a bottle of water being something that people pay multiple dollars for one way or another, either in money or dining plan credit.
I grew up drinking water out of the tap and it was always fine.
Some places were always better than others, but nothing justifying paying dollars for a bottle of what I can get for free, or pennies.
That and the petroleum used for the bottles.
I'm just glad that there's as much recycling as there is.
Should be more,though.
I wonder how many soda and water bottles are thrown in the trash at WDW instead of being recycled every day.

While I agree with your sentiment on recycling (though I'm sure the majority wouldn't bother with it even if Disney offered designated receptacles...) I have to disagree about bottled water. I don't drink bottled water at home and can't believe people purchase it by the case for their home (if anything, get a filter for your tap.) But, when I am traveling, I only drink bottled water. For the preference of taste (I don't care much for chlorine when it comes to my palate) or because many people will get sick when drinking local water when traveling. NOT that the water is bad....but it is different than you're used to. I also don't allow myself to purchase soda rather than water anymore because I see bottled water as wasteful....because the soda is wasteful for my waistline :lookaroun So for one week a year, I suck it up and buy some bottled water. The other 358 days a year, I drink from the tap! :wave:

To be a bit more on topic, I will add that I'm glad to see them giving this option. I've only done the dining plan once (will never again) and while I love dessert.....having it with two meals a day felt like overkill. Especially when I found myself eating those pre-packaged brownies and the like, wasting calories on what tasted like :hurl: I'm sure it saves Disney a bit of money too but at least they are trying to provide some other healthy options.

NewfieFan

While I agree with your sentiment on recycling (though I'm sure the majority wouldn't bother with it even if Disney offered designated receptacles...) I have to disagree about bottled water. I don't drink bottled water at home and can't believe people purchase it by the case for their home (if anything, get a filter for your tap.) But, when I am traveling, I only drink bottled water. For the preference of taste (I don't care much for chlorine when it comes to my palate) or because many people will get sick when drinking local water when traveling. NOT that the water is bad....but it is different than you're used to. I also don't allow myself to purchase soda rather than water anymore because I see bottled water as wasteful....because the soda is wasteful for my waistline :lookaroun So for one week a year, I suck it up and buy some bottled water. The other 358 days a year, I drink from the tap! :wave:

To be a bit more on topic, I will add that I'm glad to see them giving this option. I've only done the dining plan once (will never again) and while I love dessert.....having it with two meals a day felt like overkill. Especially when I found myself eating those pre-packaged brownies and the like, wasting calories on what tasted like :hurl: I'm sure it saves Disney a bit of money too but at least they are trying to provide some other healthy options.

I agree! The water does "effect" us (kids included)! I guess the change in water is enough for our system to notice it! I never buy bottled water at home but I too purchase it on vacation! I also do not like the taste of Florida water (and I'm not picky when it comes to water)!

And I never knew you could subsitute water for dessert! Learn something new every day!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member

There is a large recycling facility on Bear Island Rd. where the recyclables are sorted from the trash. There are designated recycling recepticals located throughout the parks as well.

There is a large recycling facility on Bear Island Rd. where the recyclables are sorted from the trash. There are designated recycling recepticals located throughout the parks as well.

Wow....that is a lot of sorting! Very interesting, didn't know this!

elizs77

I do NOT like Florida water! We even notice that the soft drinks taste different, so yes, I have no problem buying bottled water while on vacation. I grew up going to Florida most summers, and even before bottled water was en vogue, we would buy a huge container of Zephyerhills (still from FL but at least filtered at a minimum) water and keep it in the fridge. At home, I get filtered water from our fridge dispenser. :wave:

That being said, like a PP said, Disney does recycle. Having just gotten back a few days ago, I can attest that there are indeed recycle only containers throughout the parks, and I would hold my bottles until I got to one. Additionally, recycling was encouraged in our room at the Contemporary - an additional bag was provided, and there was a place for recycling in the quick service area.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I do NOT like Florida water! We even notice that the soft drinks taste different, so yes, I have no problem buying bottled water while on vacation. I grew up going to Florida most summers, and even before bottled water was en vogue, we would buy a huge container of Zephyerhills water and keep it in the fridge. At home, I get filtered water from our fridge dispenser. :wave:

That being said, like a PP said, Disney does recycle. Having just gotten back a few days ago, I can attest that there are indeed recycle only containers throughout the parks, and I would hold my bottles until I got to one. Additionally, recycling was encouraged in our room at the Contemporary - an additional bag was provided, and there was a place for recycling in the quick service area.
Just FYI but Zephyrhills is bottled water from Florida.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom