General Questions, please and thank you :)

seascape

I’ve read through both of these answers like 4 times :joyfull: It sort of make sense but part of me thinks they are trying to confuse me on purpose to get extra money from unused points :eek:
So is there a certain month (use year) that is more beneficial than others?
And also, how user friendly is the website? If we become members, can we log in and see exactly how many points we have, when more become available, deadlines to bank and borrow etc?

Thanks again!! Much much appreciated.
I have 2 use years, February and December. The vast majority of my points are February but I have 50 December points at the Grand Floridian. I use those points for my wife's birthday weekend trip. If I ever have to cancel it gives me almost a full year to rebook them but if I used my February points they would expire if I had to cancel. I hope that helps.

correcaminos

I’ve read through both of these answers like 4 times :joyfull: It sort of make sense but part of me thinks they are trying to confuse me on purpose to get extra money from unused points :eek:
So is there a certain month (use year) that is more beneficial than others?
And also, how user friendly is the website? If we become members, can we log in and see exactly how many points we have, when more become available, deadlines to bank and borrow etc?

Thanks again!! Much much appreciated.

Actually look at it the opposite way. If you purchase before the use year, you are not paying MFs on that previous year and you are getting extra points to use :) You also pay a pro-rated MF for the year. So if I buy in May, I pay nearly half of that year's MFs

Use Year is only important if you travel at the same time every year and then run a risk of cancelling. You can lose points that way.

To me the site is rather user friendly. You can see exactly how many points you have, you can bank and such. Borrowing is done during booking, so it's easy. They have a list of when things can be done as well. Deadlines to banking rarely change so easy to put on a calendar too if that is something you will need to do.

Ariel1986

I have a similar use year question (that I think I know the answer to anyway, just clarifying).

I have a June use year. If I use my 2019 points and borrow some from 2020 for a 2019 trip- if I am wanting to go again in 2020, I wouldn't be able to borrow any of 2021's points unless the trip was after June 2020- is that right?

seascape

I have a similar use year question (that I think I know the answer to anyway, just clarifying).

I have a June use year. If I use my 2019 points and borrow some from 2020 for a 2019 trip- if I am wanting to go again in 2020, I wouldn't be able to borrow any of 2021's points unless the trip was after June 2020- is that right?
Yes.

correcaminos

Yes, though technically June 1, 2020 will allow you to borrow 2021 points.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom