General Discussion of Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

NelleBelle

I think I mentioned it way earlier that I am (was??) a fan of the new PatF ride opening, despite being a big Splash fan. The release of the ride story (or "backstory", if that's what this is as well) is just not what I was wanting/expecting. I think our family was totally expecting a retelling of the original movie. And I know I am not going to be the only one thinking this. Park guests, who only know that there is now a new "Tiana" ride, are going to take their princess-loving girls on this ride, who are going to be expecting to see Tiana in her "princess" attire at some point. Boys who saw the movie, are likely expecting some of the humor from the cajun boat-guys, Raymond, et al. I have a niece who's parents only allow them to watch blu-ray movies and don't own cable/subscription services, so if Disney is relying on the vast majority of their guests to have seen this new "Tiana" show on D+, I think they're overestimating that. I HAVE D+ and I don't know that this new show sounds like something that I'd even be interested in watching. Have they made shows based off movies that have been worth it (please don't chime in with all the Star Wars cartoon series...😁). My point is, I think this storyline is quite convoluted and overcomplicated! I honestly thought it was something they could've included as a scavenger hunt for Living with the Land!

Last edited:

NelleBelle

Well put. It is interesting you note this, because thinking about it, this would have worked as a layover or retheme of Living with The Land more than the dynamic the ride and park are in with Splash Mountain.
It is almost as if this were a plan for that, and they decided to give her the Splash Mountain venue instead of the character put into EPCOT. Which would have fit right in with the other movie IPs that have been going in.
LOL--exactly!

LittleBuford

It is almost as if this were a plan for that, and they decided to give her the Splash Mountain venue instead of the character put into EPCOT. Which would have fit right in with the other movie IPs that have been going in.
I don't think so. The first piece of concept art they released for this showed Tiana in her princess dress (along with Mama Odie's treehouse). The shift to the more earnest business-centred story seems to have come about later.

Interestingly, the first references to salt domes that I encountered were in this forum, when a number of posters were mocking the idea of having a mountain in a bayou and sarcastically suggesting that the ride be set in a salt dome to address the supposed issue. I could scarcely believe it when, a few months later, the Imagineers unveiled the very same idea, albeit seriously intended. I wonder to what extent some of the other details of the backstory have emerged from that unnecessary decision.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I think I mentioned it way earlier that I am (was??) a fan of the new PatF ride opening, despite being a big Splash fan. The release of the ride story (or "backstory", if that's what this is as well) is just not what I was wanting/expecting. I think our family was totally expecting a retelling of the original movie. And I know I am not going to be the only one thinking this. Park guests, who only know that there is now a new "Tiana" ride, are going to take their princess-loving girls on this ride, who are going to be expecting to see Tiana in her "princess" attire at some point. Boys who saw the movie, are likely expecting some of the humor from the cajun boat-guys, Raymond, et al. I have a niece who's parents only allow them to watch blu-ray movies and don't own cable/subscription services, so if Disney is relying on the vast majority of their guests to have seen this new "Tiana" show on D+, I think they're overestimating that. I HAVE D+ and I don't know that this new show sounds like something that I'd even be interested in watching. Have they made shows based off movies that have been worth it (please don't chime in with all the Star Wars cartoon series...😁). My point is, I think this storyline is quite convoluted and overcomplicated! I honestly though it was something they could've included as a scavenger hunt for Living with the Land!
Agreed

Maybe they will redo the Little Mermaid ride next with the storyline of her being human and the whole ride taking place in a desert.

Last edited:

celluloid

I don't think so. The first piece of concept art they released for this showed Tiana in her princess dress (along with Mama Odie's treehouse). The shift to the more earnest business-centred story seems to have come about later.

Interestingly, the first references to salt domes that I encountered were in this forum, when a number of posters were mocking the idea of having a mountain in a bayou and sarcastically suggesting that the ride be set in a salt dome to address the supposed issue. I could scarcely believe it when, a few months later, the Imagineers unveiled the very same idea, albeit seriously intended. I wonder to what extent the rest of the backstory has emerged from that unnecessary decision.

Possibly; this could have all been changed before that.

For example.
They may have planned this backstory for EPCOT.

They scrapped that and decided to do an MK ride in Splash's Place.

They were doing a retelling, and the art was teased to evoke that idea.
Plans were changed to save money and resources to do the more oddly fit backstory. Go research and let's hype up the culture

And that of course is conjecture I admit, but the fact that you could plop it in EPCOT as you said, still has the same problem.

NelleBelle

Interestingly, the first references to salt domes that I encountered were in this forum, when a number of posters were mocking the idea of having a mountain in a bayou and sarcastically suggesting that the ride be set in a salt dome to address the supposed issue. I could scarcely believe it when, a few months later, the Imagineers unveiled the very same idea, albeit seriously intended. I wonder to what extent some of the other details of the backstory have emerged from that unnecessary decision.
I think seeing the original concept art and how beautiful it was (and I do know rides are never like the concept art) is why I'm so taken aback with this whole crazy story about going on an ingredient hunt and Tiana's "boutique farm". Makes me think all we're going to see are overalls and straw hats. I want flapper dresses and pearls! 😂

LittleBuford

I think I mentioned it way earlier that I am (was??) a fan of the new PatF ride opening, despite being a big Splash fan. The release of the ride story (or "backstory", if that's what this is as well) is just not what I was wanting/expecting. I think our family was totally expecting a retelling of the original movie. And I know I am not going to be the only one thinking this. Park guests, who only know that there is now a new "Tiana" ride, are going to take their princess-loving girls on this ride, who are going to be expecting to see Tiana in her "princess" attire at some point. Boys who saw the movie, are likely expecting some of the humor from the cajun boat-guys, Raymond, et al. I have a niece who's parents only allow them to watch blu-ray movies and don't own cable/subscription services, so if Disney is relying on the vast majority of their guests to have seen this new "Tiana" show on D+, I think they're overestimating that. I HAVE D+ and I don't know that this new show sounds like something that I'd even be interested in watching. Have they made shows based off movies that have been worth it (please don't chime in with all the Star Wars cartoon series...😁). My point is, I think this storyline is quite convoluted and overcomplicated! I honestly thought it was something they could've included as a scavenger hunt for Living with the Land!
I'm all for them doing something beyond the film if they make a good job of it. Sure, some kids (and adults) may not experience what they were expecting going in, but that isn't a bad thing in itself, and could even result in a pleasant surprise. For me, the issues with the backstory are inherent rather than relative.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Possibly; this could have all been changed before that.

For example.
They may have planned this backstory for EPCOT.

They scrapped that and decided to do an MK ride in Splash's Place.

They were doing a retelling, and the art was teased to evoke that idea.
Plans were changed to save money and resources to do the more oddly fit backstory. Go research and let's hype up the culture

And that of course is conjecture I admit, but the fact that you could plop it in EPCOT as you said, still has the same problem.
We've had more than one insider tell us that plans were already afoot before 2020 to look into retheming Disneyland's Splash Mountain. As I understand it, circumstances caused those plans to be solidified and extended to WDW.

celluloid

And the specific issue with "after the movie" attractions is rides have been sequels or parallel follow ups as much if not more than they have been book reports. It was not anything new for the industry. But how well it is done counts and nothing about this is sitting well with most people who have read it and what they have seen from it.

Last edited:

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Agreed

Maybe they will redo the Little Mermaid ride next with the storyline of her being human and the whole ride taking place in a dessert.
I don't know if you meant "dessert" as in a sweet end to a meal over "desert" as in an arid landscape, but that's funny as heck either way!!!

Because if Tiana is now the Hot Sauce Princess, then why can't Ariel be the Dessert Darling???

danlb_2000

Premium Member
ChatGPT: write a press release describing all the scenes in the new Tiana's Bayou Adventure ride at the magic kingdom

Magic Kingdom Unveils Tiana's Bayou Adventure - A Thrilling New Ride Experience!
Orlando, FL - The Magic Kingdom is proud to announce the grand opening of Tiana's Bayou Adventure, an exciting new ride that takes guests on a journey through the heart of the Louisiana bayou. Based on the Disney animated classic "The Princess and the Frog," this thrilling attraction takes guests on a journey filled with twists, turns, and exciting surprises.
The ride begins as guests board a small steamboat and embark on a journey through the lush bayou, encountering all of the beloved characters from the film along the way. Guests will be transported to a magical world where they will see Tiana and Naveen singing and dancing, Louisiana life, and all of the exciting sights and sounds of the bayou.
As they journey deeper into the swamp, guests will encounter fireflies and alligators, and experience the thrill of a high-speed escape through the swamp, complete with twists and turns, jumps, and splashes. Along the way, they will be entertained by lively musical numbers featuring beloved songs from the film, including "Down in New Orleans" and "Almost There."
The ride culminates in a grand finale where guests will join Tiana and Naveen in a celebratory dance and discover the true magic of the bayou.
"Tiana's Bayou Adventure is an exciting addition to the Magic Kingdom and a tribute to the timeless story of 'The Princess and the Frog,'" said Magic Kingdom park president Thomas Smith. "This new ride is a thrilling and immersive experience that brings the magic of the bayou to life for guests of all ages, and we can't wait for our guests to experience all of the sights and sounds of this amazing world for themselves."
Tiana's Bayou Adventure opens to the public on February 6th, 2023. This new ride is sure to be a favorite among guests, and a must-visit attraction for fans of the classic Disney film.
For more information, visit the Magic Kingdom's official website.

ChatGPT: write a press release in which CEO Bob Iger apologizes for all the things that went wrong in the new Tiana's Bayou Adventure ride in the Magic Kingdom. Describe in detail the breakdowns and accidents and injuries that occurred on the ride, especially the ones caused by the audioanimatronic figures which also injured the guests

Magic Kingdom CEO Bob Iger Issues Apology for Tiana's Bayou Adventure Incident
Orlando, FL - In a statement issued today, Magic Kingdom CEO Bob Iger apologized for the recent incidents that have occurred on the new Tiana's Bayou Adventure ride, particularly those involving the audioanimatronic figures.
"We are deeply sorry for the breakdowns and accidents that have occurred on Tiana's Bayou Adventure, and we are especially sorry for the injuries caused by the audioanimatronic figures. The safety of our guests is our top priority, and we are taking immediate action to address these issues," said Iger.
Since its opening, Tiana's Bayou Adventure has experienced several technical malfunctions, including the audioanimatronic figures. On several occasions, these figures have malfunctioned and caused injuries to guests, including cuts, bruises, and broken bones.
"We understand the frustration and concern that these incidents have caused, and we take full responsibility for them. Our team is working around the clock to fix the technical issues and enhance the ride's safety features, including the audioanimatronic figures. We are also conducting a thorough review of our ride operations and procedures to ensure that these incidents do not happen again," Iger added.
The Magic Kingdom has temporarily closed Tiana's Bayou Adventure for maintenance and repairs, including the audioanimatronic figures. The park is offering refunds to guests who were affected by the incidents and is working to reschedule their visits to the park.
"We want to assure our guests that we take their safety and satisfaction very seriously, and we are committed to providing them with the best possible experience when they visit the Magic Kingdom. We are confident that Tiana's Bayou Adventure will be back up and running soon, and we look forward to welcoming our guests back to this exciting new ride," Iger concluded.
The park will provide updates on the status of Tiana's Bayou Adventure and its audioanimatronic figures on its official website and social media channels.

We live in interesting times when AI can come up with a better ride concept then the Imagineers.

Last edited:

MrPromey

It's just like a regular mine, except very dangerous if it gets too moist/wet.

Certainly, food will not be grown in it. Too salty and no sun.

Will it be a place for a feast? Probably not. Most likely the salt dome mine will be something that one passes thru in either the queue or the ride... I would think.

By the time this attraction opens, I expect the people on these forums to be some of the most well informed experts on salt domes and salt mines in the world, outside of the folks actually working in them.

I expect most guests will continue to have no idea what a salt dome is.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
By the time this attraction opens, I expect the people in these forums to be some of the most well informed experts on salt domes in the world, outside of the folks actually working in them.
By the time this attraction opens, I wonder if Disney will have anything else announced and under construction to deliver in 3-5 years?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It would be interesting if whatever is replacing Pecos Bill's was tied into the story of Spla.......Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Wish they would have kept the name Splash Mountain...argh)

Edit: or name it "Splash 2: Tiana's Bayou"

Last edited:

celluloid

By the time this attraction opens, I wonder if Disney will have anything else announced and under construction to deliver in 3-5 years?

In their minds, they did. People can ride on the hope of Zootopia/Moana and Encanto/Coco for three years and then by year four most of the big things will announce to be canceled.

That has been the typical strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom