Gay Days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toystoryma

Ok we're gonna be in Disney the whole week of gay week. I dont have anything against gays, but was wondering if its appropriate for kids to be there? I dont want to have to explain to my preschoolers the whole situation ya know? So will I go there and see a bunch of people making out or is it normally all under control?

this isnt meant to offend anyone!! Just curious cause i have no idea how to explain to my kids if they see something ya know?

raven

Originally posted by aimster
Most gay people have more common sense and tact than alot of straight people I know. Certain TV shows overplay and blow the whole gay "stereotype" out of proportion. Yes, some gays can really be like that, but most are not. And I see nothng wrong with the whole "lifestyle" overall. But what they do behind closed doors is none of my business, nor do I really want to know.

TV has put a stereotype on gays. When in reality, gay people are all sorts of color, races, etc. Some are very butch jock types, others are regular guys, while still some others are feminine. And with Queer Eye for the Straight Guy making straight men into Metrosexuals, it's even harder to distinguish who is gay and who is not.

Which is my point. Who cares? If a person loves someone of their own gender, so be it. That's the ONLY difference between gay and straight. Nothing else.

Upvote 0

MagicalMonorail

First of all, let's not get political here. I'm seeing Bush this and The President that. Let's not get them involved in our WDW discussion.

As for homosexuals. They have a right to be at the parks just like anyone else. No, Walt wouldn't like a group gay people in the parks. But, times have changed and people of all diversities are widely accepted. If you'd like to talk more about gays and voice your opinion, please create a thread in the Chit Chat forum. If you would like to continue the conversation of Gay Day at WDW, please continue.

Upvote 0

Danijo

Back on topic

If you would like to continue the conversation of Gay Day at WDW, please continue.

To get back to the original question....

I've not been in WDW during Gay Days but I did unknowingly run into them in Disneyland in 2002. It wasn't until I noticed all the red shirts and finally read one of them, that I had any idea.

It was crowded but we had a perfectly lovely time. And the majority of those with red shirts on were families. People just like us who wanted to enjoy the day with their partners and kids.

So, I would say, beware of the crowds, but don't be overly concerned. Your 3 and 5 year old will be completely oblivious. And actually, kids can usually accept things alot easier than adults.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Originally posted by toystoryma
I dont want to have to explain to my preschoolers the whole situation ya know? ...Just curious cause i have no idea how to explain to my kids if they see something ya know?

Kids that age are pretty self-centered. It is unlikely that they will notice other people.

Ponder for a moment their typical daily behavior.
Do they often ask if you'd like a drink of water when they go to get one?
Does one offer to help the other pick up his/her toys?
Do they notice the PDAs of you and your spouse?
When you're 3, you are barely aware of what happens beyond your own nose.

You are far more likely to hear
How much longer do we have to stand in this line?
Can I have ice cream?
I have to go to the bathroom.
Can I have popcorn?
I don't' WANT to wear the mouse ears!
But...I NEED a turkey leg!
Why can't I ride Big Thunder Mountain?
Can I have a cookie?
Why is that lady's underwear hanging out?
I don't want to have my picture taken with Tigger!
I don't want to take a nap.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom