Gay Day at MK

CBCit

Just found out that the day we are planning to be at the MK,Sat. june 5, is also Gay Day. So, a 2 part question for others who have been there in the past during this time. Will the park be exceptionally crowded? My only other times at MK were during spring break,how should the crowds compare? Second,will a straight family feel out of place? Any input would be appreciated.

wdwfan22

It will be crowded. The park hours for the 5th are 9am to 11pm so it's safe to say Disney is expecting a crowd. As of now that is the only night the Magic Kingdom wil lbe closing at 11pm in June.

My advice to you is to either try and visit on the 4th or 6th. If that's not possible then get there early. Have fun :D

Upvote 0

EpcotGrl

Yes it will be crowded, no you won't feel out of place. You won't be the only straight family there, I promise! And you've never seen such a good-natured crowd as the folks at gay days! That was one of my favorite weeks, actually... :) Quite a change from the angry "I paid HOW MUCH for this turkey leg?!" crowd ;) Have fun!!!

Upvote 0

cdevor

We were suprised by this day ourselves in 1997. Since then we have chosen to miss this day.

The park is very crowded, and though it wasn't a horrible experience, we would not choose to do that day again. So if you can, you should skip the park this day. If not, your are already aware of the event, so at least your are prepared. You will notice the many unaware faces who suddenly have a shock when they realize what "day" it is at the MK.

Also, remember, that even though the MK day is the most publicized, they have events throughout the week at the other parks as well. FYI

http://www.gaydays.com/calendar/

Upvote 0

TheDisneyGirl02

I wouldn't worry about feeling out of place. I'm sure there will be plenty of families there...probably even families of gay couples.

Everything will be fine! Have a great time!

TheDisneyGirl02

Upvote 0

WDWcouple

This is coming from a heterosexual Male with a wife, and I cannot remember when I had a better time standing in the queue lines then when my wife and I went on Gay day last year at MK. The lines were almost as fun as the rides... and my wife did not feel out of place screaming on thunder mountain either because we had about 15 guys on our train screaming louder than her.. Go have fun.... You will not seen anything out of the ordinary.. Well I guess it all depends on where you live..

Upvote 0

Disney2002

Just in case people are interested, expect the following parks to be extra crowded on the following days.

6/3: Animal Kingdom
6/4: MGM
6/5: Magic Kingdom - Pleasure Island PACKED in evening
6/6: Epcot

Upvote 0

barnum42

Originally posted by Disney2002
Just in case people are interested, expect the following parks to be extra crowded on the following days.

6/3: Animal Kingdom
6/4: MGM
6/5: Magic Kingdom - Pleasure Island PACKED in evening
6/6: Epcot
If you would like shorter lines then avoid the days Disney2002 has pointed out.

I was there several years ago when I think the gay day was only centred at Magic Kingdom. The place was packed with people, so I headed over to Epcot where the lines were far more managable and had a great day there.

However, if this is the only day you can make it then go and have a blast, just be prepared to queue a bit longer and make the most of Fast Pass.

Upvote 0

1stStarIC2nite

I have a feeling Gay Days is going to be PACKED this year. The other night on VH1 there was a show called Totally Gayer and at the end there was a little section where they talked about Gay Days at WDW. So chances are, more people know about it now, and are planning on coming.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom