Gators Parade

Becky

I tried being gracious before the game. WDW was filled with folks wearing Buckeyes gear in December. I wore my Gator gear, and expected to have some friendly conversations while waiting in line for attractions. Not so. The Buckeyes consistently demeaned the Gators, said they didn't even deserve to be there, that OSU was going to kill them, etc., etc., etc. In fact, the only civil Buckeye fan I encountered at WDW in the last month and a half was a fellow who was in the same corral as me waiting to start the marathon on Sunday. We shook hands and wished each other luck. As for the rest, well, I know every team has its bad fans, but IMO the attitude of the vast majority of OSU fans (at least the ones I encountered) was pretty obnoxious, though hopefully it has been adjusted accordingly following Monday night.

The Buckeye "Nation" was mostly dressed in black on Monday::( Most people I talked to stopped watching after the half time show:lookaroun The Big 10 (11 teams, go figure) was only 2-5 in bowl games:eek: Do you think Urban would be willing to move back home for a couple of years?:D

We'd be willing to take one of the assistants:lookaroun

napnet

When in Feb Are you going to WDW?

Probably the first weekend... have not made plans just yet

You have Never Encounted a University of Miami fan.lol UF Deserved that win.... I hope FSU can atleast break into the top 25 at some point Next Season..

Ha, yes UM fans are bad UF fans are worse! My wife stopped for gas while wearing a FSU shirt in Gainesville and the station turned off her gas pump and told her to leave!

As for FSU, we should be a TON better next year with our dream team of coaches coming in :) I was at the Wake Forest game so anything is better than that.

hrcollectibles

Probably the first weekend... have not made plans just yet

Ha, yes UM fans are bad UF fans are worse! My wife stopped for gas while wearing a FSU shirt in Gainesville and the station turned off her gas pump and told her to leave!

As for FSU, we should be a TON better next year with our dream team of coaches coming in :) I was at the Wake Forest game so anything is better than that.

We will be there from Feb 4th - 8th. Maybe we will run into each other.. Its always great to meet fellow FSU Fans...

MickeyTigg

Envy...not particularly flattering...

Actually, my main wish is that all the Bucknuts that have filled WDW over the last month or so will take their superior attitudes back to Ohio. You would not believe the grief I got from them when they saw me in a Gator t-shirt. I'm just wondering, if Ohio is so great, how come you never hear of anyone from Florida retiring to Ohio? :lol:

GO GATORS!!! NATIONAL CHAMPS IN BASKETBALL AND FOOTBALL!!! :sohappy:

There's sore losers....and now folks we have met a sore winner. Take the win and the Championship with some grace and class.

Scar Junior

You're correct players can't receive money, but the team is allowed to visit Disneyland or Disney World. Oklahoma was at Disney World in 2004 and the team ate at one of the restaurants. Every year the bands and players visit Disneyland before the Rose Bowl.

For all we know this was paid for by the team's Booster program - or the players themselves. Disney can't give them free tickets or meals.

Scar Junior

There's sore losers....and now folks we have met a sore winner. Take the win and the Championship with some grace and class.

No kidding! Thank you.

I'm a U of MN student so I usually cheer for Big 10 teams, however this time I was cheering for Florida to win. Part of the reason was all the obnoxious Ohio State fans up here who took the game for granted. There's nothing that screams "small-town" more than obnoxious college football fans - usually because they don't have a local pro team.

It's cool to celebrate, but try to keep some dignity while you do it.

gatordoc

Sorry some of you think I'm obnoxious, but as I pointed out, I tried civility for over a month before the game and got none in return from the Ohio State fans. If it's obnoxious for me to say that now I just want them all to be quiet and go away, well, that's how I feel.

MiRi

Being a FIU student (remember the infamous brawl), I HATE UM with a passion. Some fans were going as far as saying they wish someone could bomb FIU and its fans. A lot of UM fans are bandwagon fans anyway. During the season, I hardly noticed people wearing UM gear around town but when they got their bowl game, what a surprise! Everyone was a UM fan again.

There's always the nice fans though. My best friend is a die-hard UM fan and we tease each other, but its all in fun.

Back on topic though, I am glad the Gators won. It's always nice when the underdog shuts everyone up. :)

Gatordoc, congrats! I guess now that your team won, those Ohio fans who gave you a hard time were drowning in their sorrows while you were out celebrating and having a wonderful time! :)

isitingood

Sorry some of you think I'm obnoxious, but as I pointed out, I tried civility for over a month before the game and got none in return from the Ohio State fans. If it's obnoxious for me to say that now I just want them all to be quiet and go away, well, that's how I feel.

It just shows the Big 10 was overated. Look what the Gators did to the Buckeyes and USC thrashed Michigan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom