Gather your thoughts tip!

figment1985

Original Poster
Okay, so some of you may do this already... but this is just such an easy way to gather your thoughts quickly.

On your computer, make a new folder and label it "Disney Trip" (or whatever you like referring to your vacation plans). Then within in the folder, make notepad documents (or word, but notepad is really quick). Some of my docs are:

Things to buy
Things to accomplish before trip (diet, amount to save, etc)
Park schedules (park times, firework schedules, for the month you are going, you can find these online).
Things to buy before we leave
Food expenses

I know this sounds like a really easy tip, but it is very helpful.. often we see things online and we wont write them down- then we forget. This way, you can copy and paste, or type it really quick then save! Once you have all your info you can print and put it in a trip folder! Also it's helpful to do it on the computer if you aren't organized around the desk like me!

Hope this helps some of you! :eek:

Uponastar

Okay, so some of you may do this already... but this is just such an easy way to gather your thoughts quickly.

On your computer, make a new folder and label it "Disney Trip" (or whatever you like referring to your vacation plans). Then within in the folder, make notepad documents (or word, but notepad is really quick). Some of my docs are:

Things to buy
Park schedules (park times, firework schedules, for the month you are going, you can find these online).
Food expenses

I know this sounds like a really easy tip, but it is very helpful.. often we see things online and we wont write them down- then we forget. This way, you can copy and paste, or type it really quick then save! Once you have all your info you can print and put it in a trip folder! Also it's helpful to do it on the computer if you aren't organized around the desk like me!

Great tips!
I also keep a packing list on my computer.
I print it out about 2 weeks before we leave and cross things off as they're packed.
I've had the same list for years. . .I just add or delete things as necessary.
Great time saver!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Booking confirmation emails,
Park Hours,
Park schedule (Best park to visit on a particular day)
Advanced Reservations
Luggage Organiser
Trip Organiser

stitchtastic

I'm a saddo!

I print a calendar on landscape , highlight the days we are there, which EMH for which park, day to visit waterpark and days for outside the world ie:universal according to predicted crowd level. This worked particularly well a year we stayed offsite in May - we arrived at IOA for opening and had no more than a 20 minute wait for any ride apart from the unicorn which we had to do to appease daughter who did not then meet height requirements for the biggies and had done more than her fair share off switching off. could also add dining reservations etc. My family now call me the park nazi (borrowed from unofficial Guide to WDW). It worked really well and we got to do loads more than if we just left it to chance. I will do it again for this year.
:wave:

haveyoumetmark

This is so interesting. I never really have to plan my WDW trips. Living 90 minutes away, most of my trips are spontaneous anyway. However, this could potentially be immensely helpful for my Euro Trip this summer. Thank you! :wave:

cybertheo

These are all good tips...
It is really helpful to have the reservation numbers, etc at your finger tips when calling to chnage ADR's or make request for your room. Plus, they come in handy for reference when planning the next trip.

maggiegrace1

Things to buy
Food expenses

I think you should work for Disney..
Every post you make it is soo obvious how much you love disney..I think you would make a great cast member..:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom