Gaston bathrooms sightline being fixed

Pixiedustmaker

I think the sight lines issues are very hard to predict before everything is built. Really glad to hear they are fixing the green wall. Wonder if they will just paint it like the other wall or wether they will hide with fake trees or something.

A friend of mine was just at WDW and she said they also took down the animal names and paintings in the Big Top Souvenirs. They used to have them by the cash registers but they are gone now.

Sight lines are actually easy to predict because it is just simple trigonometry, or more easily, having everything modeled inside of a computer. Obviously, they were thinking about sight line issues a while ago when they painted the back of the show building green.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Sight lines are actually easy to predict because it is just simple trigonometry, or more easily, having everything modeled inside of a computer. Obviously, they were thinking about sight line issues a while ago when they painted the back of the show building green.

Yeah, they even released a video at one point promoting how they used digital design tools to pre-visualize what they are building.

Edit: Here's the video..

Condorman

Yeah, they even released a video at one point promoting how they used digital design tools to pre-visualize what they are building.

Edit: Here's the video..

The problem is they use Windows in the office and an iPad in the field. They should have just stuck with Windows and junked that CrApple nonsense altogether. :p

Patricia Melton

Right behind the wall is a narrow employee walkway so I don't think there is enough room for trees. They will likely theme that section of the green wall to something that blends in better.

i think it could work and look quite elegant to just try to make that building look like it is a building in the Gaston village. But would that be seen from the mermaid area?

I think that color green is called 'go away green'...and it is called that because it's a color that guests are conditioned to ignore and have it just blend in with the background. I read that in a Disney book my friend gave me.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
i think it could work and look quite elegant to just try to make that building look like it is a building in the Gaston village. But would that be seen from the mermaid area?

I think that color green is called 'go away green'...and it is called that because it's a color that guests are conditioned to ignore and have it just blend in with the background. I read that in a Disney book my friend gave me.

It probably wouldn't be seen from Mermaid since the queue is mostly inside when you get back that far.

Rob562

Original Poster
Right behind the wall is a narrow employee walkway so I don't think there is enough room for trees. They will likely theme that section of the green wall to something that blends in better.

A three-dimensional themed "rooftop" that only covers those top 3 feet would be a simple fix and wouldn't impede the walkway underneath. It's kind of like what they did to hide the random corners of the Splash show building that you could see as you floated around the top of the mountain. They just added some rocks to those corners.

-Rob

luv

That's funny. I actually noticed it. I didn't think it was bad, but I did notice it...my eye was drawn to it.

DisneyRoxMySox

Speaking of sight lines, anyone ever notice you can see the show building for BoG? It's between PVH and the rock work for BoG. Shame really, seems like an easy fix to me.

Timothy_Q

Speaking of sight lines, anyone ever notice you can see the show building for BoG? It's between PVH and the rock work for BoG. Shame really, seems like an easy fix to me.

They extended the rockwork once already... but for some reason still failed to completely hide the show building

WED Purist

Is it just simple trigonometry? They don't BIM multiple projects, so there's no way to find intrusions outside of the model, which would be pretty hard to spot. How does painting the back of the show building green (if you're referring to the side facing the road) denote thought about sight lines?

RSoxNo1

I think the sight lines issues are very hard to predict before everything is built. Really glad to hear they are fixing the green wall. Wonder if they will just paint it like the other wall or wether they will hide with fake trees or something.

A friend of mine was just at WDW and she said they also took down the animal names and paintings in the Big Top Souvenirs. They used to have them by the cash registers but they are gone now.
I believe these were removed before opening. There was a report that one of the registers was named/themed after a monkey and the other an elephant. Then someone posed the question what happens if a black person works the monkey counter or a fat person works the elephant counter. Suffice it to say, I felt it was a little ridiculous.

Pixiedustmaker

Is it just simple trigonometry? They don't BIM multiple projects, so there's no way to find intrusions outside of the model, which would be pretty hard to spot. How does painting the back of the show building green (if you're referring to the side facing the road) denote thought about sight lines?

There are a lot of backstage/show buildings that can be seen, or more often partially seen, from guest areas. Often time they are painted "no show 'um" green, or go-away grey, or something like that. Stuff that the public would never see they don't spend the $ on.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Good to hear this is being fixed. Here is what it looked likely shortly after opening:

SightLine.jpg

They left just enough room for the Starbucks sign;). It is a green building...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom