Gasparilla Grill & Games Closing for Refurb

GatorDisney

I knew something was up with Narcoosee's. I attempted to make reservations for my vacation next week 5 months ago, and none were available for my entire stay.

dave&di

I'm well bummed, we are there in Sept, we loved the GF and stayed there in '08 we saved for 2 years to stay there in Sept. it will be a shell of it's former self. Looks like we will be trying to transfer. How upsetting.

nepalostparks

It just doesn't make any sense to do this right smack dab in the middle of the high season.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Resorts/Dis...pool-to-close-for-refurbishment-this-year.htm
PoolThe main courtyard pool will be closing August 24 and reopening in December 2012. During this time the pool will be rebuilt to include a zero-entry configuration. The beach pool will remain open during the work.

DiningThe following restaurants will be closed for refurbishment:

Narcoosee's - July 9 to July 22 2012
Citricos - July 23 to August 4 2012
Beach Pool Bar - Currently closed through August 24 2012
Mizner's Lounge - July 9 to July 14 2012
Gasparilla Grill quick service - August 24 to December 2012

During the closure of the quick service Gasparilla Grill, guests will be able to use the newly refurbished Beach Pool Bar and Mizner's Lounge for food.

There is no good time to to a refurbishment at the resorts... and while the summer season is busy, there really isn't any "quiet" time at any point any more. Some guests will be effected no matter what time of year they do it.

Also, the larger refurbishments at the main pool and Gasparilla both start AFTER the summer season is over. The other renovations, outside of the Beach Pool Bar, are all relatively short.

alissafalco

There is no good time to to a refurbishment at the resorts... and while the summer season is busy, there really isn't any "quiet" time at any point any more. Some guests will be effected no matter what time of year they do it.

Also, the larger refurbishments at the main pool and Gasparilla both start AFTER the summer season is over. The other renovations, outside of the Beach Pool Bar, are all relatively short.

I know, I was mainly talking about the restaurants, the lounge, and the beach pool bar. They are all during the summer!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom