gas prices?

kcw

Original Poster
so I was just curious (for those who are actually in Orlando) what the gas prices are looking like there- it's 2.91 here, but I know that it's sometimes pretty different in other places.....? just wanted to know if I should plan on spending my entire paycheck to keep my car running! haha

just a random sidenote about gas- I was just in Oregon, and you don't pump your own gas!!! An employee does it for you! and i think it might even be illegal to do it yourself! wierd eh?

jbbraud

Cheaper on Site

My family and I were there at the end of May and we found the price of gas much cheaper on site just outside the MK than off site...can you believe?

WDWKat26

jbbraud said:
My family and I were there at the end of May and we found the price of gas much cheaper on site just outside the MK than off site...can you believe?

It's true. The Hess stations on property ARE ALWAYS cheaper for gas. I feel bad for those pour souls who pay almost $.20 more a gallon on 535, when they could just turn onto Disney grounds and pay so much less.

typhoonguy

WDWKat26 said:
It's true. The Hess stations on property ARE ALWAYS cheaper for gas. I feel bad for those pour souls who pay almost $.20 more a gallon on 535, when they could just turn onto Disney grounds and pay so much less.
20 cents a gallon extra? Or how about the Chevron with 2nd City Pizza... I see they usually charge 75 cents more than Hess. Poor, poor unknowing tourists...

MMP

You could always take the busses some and drive sometimes. The busses don't really suck as bad as some people say, they aren't bad for when you're not in a hurry and you're going somewhere on property. A lot of my friends took the busses to work and saved their car for grocery shopping or going out.

Darwin

kcw said:
just a random sidenote about gas- I was just in Oregon, and you don't pump your own gas!!! An employee does it for you! and i think it might even be illegal to do it yourself! wierd eh?
KCW, it is illegal to pump your own gas in Oregon, and you can get a big fat fine if you do. They also don't have sales tax there, fyi.

kcw

Original Poster
Darwin said:
KCW, it is illegal to pump your own gas in Oregon, and you can get a big fat fine if you do. They also don't have sales tax there, fyi.

haha yes my sister told me that as well, but she also said her property tax is quite high to make up for the difference...

MBrantleyIUP

I went to school in a state (pa) where there was no sales tax on clothes. It was nice :p . As far as gas prices go i think they are pretty much the same wherever you go in the country right now, except for california which is always higher.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom