Garden Grocer

emar68

Original Poster
Hi all,

Just a quick question- seeing conflicting information. Will the resort front desk hold a Garden Grocer delivery for you? Do they charge for holding it for that particular company? (I know they charge for Amazon packages). Thinking about doing this for breakfasts in August- trying to determine if it’s any cheaper than just buying the counter service breakfast (for 2). Thanks!

BILLY0423

We do Garden Grocer every time we go.
The front desk will not only hold it for you, they will also refrigerate any items needed to stay cold,
No charge ,Garden Grocer will text you when they drop the order off.
Bell hop will bring it up to your room when you call them.
We give a $5 tip.
Definitely worth it.

dreamfinder

There are other options than just Garden Grocer. WeGoShop, Prime Now, Instacart are just a few of the other options that bell services should all hold for you at no extra charge, and may work out much better price wise depending on what you need.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
We do Garden Grocer every time we go.
The front desk will not only hold it for you, they will also refrigerate any items needed to stay cold,
No charge ,Garden Grocer will text you when they drop the order off.
Bell hop will bring it up to your room when you call them.
We give a $5 tip.
Definitely worth it.
Not to get into it, but standard tip for a bellman is $2 per bag. Use your judgement on how cases of water or other grocery items translate to "bags."

We use GG every trip and the service has always been great from both GG and WDW! Would highly recommend!

We tend to tip high as we order lots of boxes of beer! Bell services have a sack barrow though so they don’t mind - we always get asked when the party is!

CLEtoWDW

We have a trip upcoming and we are going to use one of the delivery services for our stay at OKW. This is our first time doing this so I would really love some recommendations and tips. Thanks!!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I have used Garden Grocer before and had great experiences. I am also using it for my trip in a couple days. I ordered at the earliest opportunity to get the discount and actually forgot (in a way) that I order because it was so long ago. I was going to try some other ordering service but honestly I wasn't into pricing things out at the time and I just wanted to use something familiar.

emar68

Original Poster
Thanks for all the recommendations- I appreciate it! Getting to FQ around noon for some pool time & then going to Disney Springs (with a 5:30 dinner reservation); didn't want to have to plan around waiting for a delivery. Great to know they will hold the items!

CP_alum08

Anyone ever use Shipt for grocery delivery to WDW? We use it up in Michigan with Meijer grocery stores and I know Publix participates too.

higgipoker

Another thumbs up for Garden Grocer. Have used them for a relatively large delivery in 2015, small delivery last year and have just ordered again for this year. Flying out tomorrow morning, woot! :cool:

dreamfinder

We have a trip upcoming and we are going to use one of the delivery services for our stay at OKW. This is our first time doing this so I would really love some recommendations and tips. Thanks!!!

Plenty of times this gets asked, try searching for Garden Grocer or similar to see other historical posts. The longer running companies in the area are Garden Grocer and WeGoShop. There are others, some of the stroller companies have started up grocery delivery services and there are App based services like Instacart as well. Garden Grocer basically has a set list of items you can choose from with set prices. They may be willing to buy other items for you, but everything has a hefty markup and may be subject to a delivery fee as well. WeGoShop is a personal shopper, basically you give them your list and tell them where you want them to shop and they buy it for you. You may the total on the receipt, plus a service fee. Often the per item cost will be much less than Garden Grocer, but you won't know the total cost until you get the receipt. Prime Now (if you have Amazon Prime) has a limited selection of fresher/frozen food, but prices are usually much better than Garden Grocer and you know what the total will be. However you can't schedule it more than a day or two in advance, and the selection will vary. I haven't used the others, but those 3 each have their own pluses/minues.

Weather_Lady

I don't know what your baggage allowance is, but if you find the grocery services to be too costly or burdensome, bringing your own breakfast foods is a surprisingly do-able option. Last time, we brought breakfast for four, for seven days, and still traveled carryon-only (one 21" bag per person). We packed two shoeboxes full of granola bars, Pop tarts, single-serve Baggies of cereal, coffee filter packs and flavored creamer, and some disposable picnicware bowls and spoons, and then bought a quart of milk for the cereal onsite. Total cost for the groceries and milk was less than $20 (or 70 cents per person, per "meal").

ChanduTail

Love Garden Grocer & use them for every trip. We typically get bagels, cream cheese, fruit, chips/snacks, coffee creamer, soda, and a whole lot of water.

I have heard some ugly things about the person who owns WeGoShop being rude to customers & double-charging without explanation, so I would never use them.

disneyflush

Does anyone order something that needs to be frozen like Eggos or Toaster Strudels? We are staying at the BWV next trip and will have the small fridge and kitchenette but trying to figure out if frozen foods are a viable option if we were to bring our own toaster.

dreamfinder

Does anyone order something that needs to be frozen like Eggos or Toaster Strudels? We are staying at the BWV next trip and will have the small fridge and kitchenette but trying to figure out if frozen foods are a viable option if we were to bring our own toaster.

Most of them will deliver perishable/frozen foods. The delivery company will typically tag the item/bag accordingly and bell services will put it in the fridge/freezer. Not always, but typically. I did have an order that was packed in cold bags along with ice packs, but didn't make it into the freezer. Of course, that bag contained ice cream, but thankfully it was still cold, just soft, and solidified after an hour in the freezer. Eggos and the like should be fine.

correcaminos

The bigger issue is in studios now at BWV, there is no freezer portion. All mini-fridges with freezers are being replaced with fridge only. Toasters are provided though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom