Garden Grocer question

disney1077

I will be ordering from garden grocer for the first time on my trip in July and was wondering do I have to let the Resort know before I get there that I will have a delivery?

sublimesting

I will be ordering from garden grocer for the first time on my trip in July and was wondering do I have to let the Resort know before I get there that I will have a delivery?

We love Garden Grocer. Definately let the resort know but it probably isn't even necessary to do that. Garden Grocer will set up a time to meet you at your room (book early they fill up very very fast). If you miss the meet up they will leave your items with the bell desk. As a side note, they will bring you alcohol too if you ask (it's just not on their menu).

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I believe you somehow put your confirmation number in the Garden Grocer order and it gets marked on the outside of the box with your name and expected arrival date - that is all the resort needs to see when the box is delivered.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Should I tell my travel agent and have him call the resort and let them know?

I see no need. People ship boxes to the resort all the time. As long as the box is properly marked it will get to you.

I've done it at least 5 times and never had it noted on my reservation - but I always made sure the shipment was properly identified.

BTW, it's next to impossible to contact a resort directly - they send you to a call center that screens 99.8% of the calls.

Upvote 0

RobertRaine

Garden Grocer is Great!

Cannot say enough good things about Garden Grocer. I used them for the first time in January. It was easy to order and they had the delivery to bell services before we arrived. Our grocery order and Luggage came at the same time. Fantastic!

Upvote 0

righttrack

I've used Garden Grocer multiple times. I never notified the resort. I do think they have some kind of coordination going on, regardless, because so many people use them. I suggest this is how you handle your water for the trip, at a minimum. I order 1 case, per person, per week, and I can't begin to tell you how much money and snack credits that saves.

Upvote 0

GeoDonJac34

We used them for the first time last trip, and I could not have been happier with them. We did not notify resort. You very rarely hear negative things about them.

Upvote 0

Disney05

We always ship a box down to our resort. Gonna do it again this May. But also think we're going to try out Garden Grocer for a few things this time.

Upvote 0
Is ordering from Garden Grocer more ideal for stays at DVC resorts or could it work for any hotel? I'm staying at POR in May and am wondering if it would be a good idea to make an order for some snacks, juice, bread etc.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
All the garden grocer....

Talk got me curious as we usually spend quite a bit of loot in bottled water and soda from the soda machines! I was also taking into account that we bring snack cakes etc for quick breakfasts most of the time. I put together a quick shopping cart and with the minimum purchase, service charge and gratuity i ended up looking at about 65 - 70 dollars - the idea of this convenience is nice but i dont know if its worth the price. We are renting a car and im thinking a quick stop at Walmart will be cost us a lot less and be worth sacrificing the convenience. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Upvote 0

Disney05

Talk got me curious as we usually spend quite a bit of loot in bottled water and soda from the soda machines! I was also taking into account that we bring snack cakes etc for quick breakfasts most of the time. I put together a quick shopping cart and with the minimum purchase, service charge and gratuity i ended up looking at about 65 - 70 dollars - the idea of this convenience is nice but i dont know if its worth the price. We are renting a car and im thinking a quick stop at Walmart will be cost us a lot less and be worth sacrificing the convenience. Anybody have any thoughts on this?
If I were renting a car, I would just go shopping instead of having groceries delivered.

Upvote 0

wizards8507

Is ordering from Garden Grocer more ideal for stays at DVC resorts or could it work for any hotel? I'm staying at POR in May and am wondering if it would be a good idea to make an order for some snacks, juice, bread etc.

It'll save you money over buying those things in the park either way, but it'll save you the most money if you're in a DVC villa with a refrigerator and stove and plan on cooking some meals yourself.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom