Garden Grill

Phonedave

By the way it has nothing to do with Chip an Dale. I actually really hate Fish and Living on the land creeps me out, I think it's that and a bit of motion sickness from watching the boats come by as well. It's not my favorite, I can see why some like it though. I'll stick to Crystal Palace :).

You can allways ask them not to bring the fish to your table, especially if you know you are not going to eat it. That way they avoid wasting it.. What about the rest of the food, how wsa that?

If you get motion sickness, well then there is not much you can do about that - it is a rotating restaruant after all.

Just wonding, how does Living With The Land creep you out? It's not as if they show giant bugs, or have a Children Of The Corn scene in it.

-dave

Jon81uk

We ate there in 2006 and it was the best character meal we did. Loved Chip and Dale winding up the waiters. Also the menu back then had southern fried catfish which was yummy.

Laurichi

Mmm motion sickness??? I am having breakfast here soon and i was a bit concerned about that...but you are the first person to say you suffered that!

Disneykings

You can allways ask them not to bring the fish to your table, especially if you know you are not going to eat it. That way they avoid wasting it.. What about the rest of the food, how wsa that?

If you get motion sickness, well then there is not much you can do about that - it is a rotating restaruant after all.

Just wonding, how does Living With The Land creep you out? It's not as if they show giant bugs, or have a Children Of The Corn scene in it.

-dave

Do they give you the option on what the cast member brings you? For breakfast we have one vegetarian, one meat eaters and one picky child. Do they bring out one selection for everyone to share or can you request on arrival? Would that come across annoying to them? We really like the sound of this meal. Thanks

DisneyFans4Life

Mmm motion sickness??? I am having breakfast here soon and i was a bit concerned about that...but you are the first person to say you suffered that!
Just ask them to sit on the second level and you'll be fine. By sitting on the second level, you'll be further away from the railing and won't notice it the rotating. Honestly...it goes so slow that you can hardly notice the rotating.

We've done Garden Grill twice and have enjoyed it both times. The beef and turkey are great and the dessert is fantastic. It is a bit pricey, but remember it's all you can eat...so arrive hungry!

Phonedave

Isn't there an entire center section of this restaurant that doesn't rotate?

I don't believe so. The center where the kitchen is located does not rotate (can you imagine the plumbing nightmare it would be if the kitchen rotated - electrical you can do with slip rings, but I have no idea how they would plumb it). But all of the seating area rotates.

-dave

Phonedave

Really, it rotates so slow, I don't see how somone could get motion sickness unless they were VERY sensitive to it. I find that the restaruant makes about 1 and 1/2 rotations during a normal meal.

Phonedave

Thanks so how do i do it? Should i do that after i arrive?

Yes, when you get to to podium to check in, just say you would like an upper level table. Most of the time those are available - people want the lower level so they get a better view of Living With The Land.

Then, when you are seated, tell you server about any food issues or allergies. Most of the food comes out on a large platter and you just take what you want. Some of the sides come on their own plate, but it is all communial, you serve yourself from the table. However, if your vegitarian will not eat vegatables that have even touched meat (I know people like this, If a potato was resting against bacon when it was served, they will not eat the potato) then just ask the server if they can serve it on two seperate platters.

They are not going to get annoyed. They get requests like this all the time.

-dave

Princess Kaylee

Original Poster
Really, it rotates so slow, I don't see how somone could get motion sickness unless they were VERY sensitive to it. I find that the restaruant makes about 1 and 1/2 rotations during a normal meal.

I actually am very sensitive to that kind of stuff. I am warning people who suffer similar issues. I could not have taken Dramamine though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom