Garden Grill Questions

GoofyMom2

Original Poster
I have done some searches, so I am sorry if I have missed recent info. But, I can't seem to find any recent reviews or exact info on the Garden Grill. I have heard they went back to the skillets, AYCE. On the menu, I see many choices.... do we pick one main item, or do we get them all? If we pick one, can we try others? How does it work for kids? It says chicken fingers, mac/cheese etc. Is this also AYCE?

Any info on how this meal works would be greatly appreciated. Since there has been a lot of fiddling with it since it re-opened, I am very confused! :brick: The guide books are not quite current either since they keep changing the way they do things.
Also, any recent reviews would also be welcome! How is character interaction?

My kids like the idea of the revolving rest. and of course the characters! We are on the fence about our decision to try it for lunch while at Epcot. Thanks so much! Everyone here has been so helpful in giving me info on other decisions.

85 days to go!!

PS My boys are 6 and 9.

nemobruce

Hope i can be of some help, I just recently ate at the garden grill for the first time sense the land reopened. Before it went down for rehab it was my favorite place to eat, and it seemed to be as good and the same style as it was before. Skillet style, catfish and chicken, beef or pork cant remember. I think the vegetables are better then before. I also think the kids ordered something diffferent not sure. hope this helps.

rainfully

In my opinion, it's worth it just for the Orange Blossom Honey Butter. :slurp:

And yeah, it's all you can eat. The server will bring you a plate of food, served family style... and if you want more of anything, just ask for it!

The character interaction is okay... usually present are Mickey, Chip and Dale and Pluto. I've eaten there a few times and usually I miss out on seeing one or two of them. But if there is someone your kids really want to see, just ask and I'm sure they'll make it happen for you! :)

lawyergirl77

Just ate there on Dec. 18th and it is now family style, AYCE - they mean it! We had two hungry men with us and they refilled our plate 4 times! :lol:

The food was great (mmm... catfish! :slurp: ), but the character interaction was the best I've ever had in any of my trips. I talked about it in another thread, but the Mickey that was there was unbelievable... He pitched a "fit" because there were 4 adults at our table, all wearing some kind of ear-gear that didn't involve Mickey ears! We interacted with him (and then the other characters when he called them over to gang up on us) for well over 30 minutes throughout our meal.

Bottom line: the food makes it worth going back, but the character interaction makes it a must-do!! :)

GoofyMom2

Original Poster
:lol:
lawyergirl77 said:
Just ate there on Dec. 18th and it is now family style, AYCE - they mean it! We had two hungry men with us and they refilled our plate 4 times! :lol:

The food was great (mmm... catfish! :slurp: ), but the character interaction was the best I've ever had in any of my trips. I talked about it in another thread, but the Mickey that was there was unbelievable... He pitched a "fit" because there were 4 adults at our table, all wearing some kind of ear-gear that didn't involve Mickey ears! We interacted with him (and then the other characters when he called them over to gang up on us) for well over 30 minutes throughout our meal.

Bottom line: the food makes it worth going back, but the character interaction makes it a must-do!! :)

Thanks, Lawyergirl! I read your post on the other thread and that's what made me think of this place. The Land was closed our last visit and your description made it sound fantastic!

Thank you everyone else also, you are making me hungry..... Just made a ressie for our second day there for lunch. The CM on the phone said it is just wonderful and I should really enjoy it. The kids are excited about the characters. My 9 yr old said he wants to go as long as that means I don't cancel any of our other ressies at Whispering Canyon Cafe, Ohana or Liberty Tree! :lol: He wants to do them all! (OK, so do I..... hehehe)

lawyergirl77

GoofyMom2 said:
My 9 yr old said he wants to go as long as that means I don't cancel any of our other ressies at Whispering Canyon Cafe, Ohana or Liberty Tree! :lol: He wants to do them all! (OK, so do I..... hehehe)

Oooh.. O'Hana.... :slurp: *collapses in puddle of drool*

I have only eaten at WCC for breakkie (it was good, but not a must-do for me), and I've never eaten at LTT... We were supposed to eat there on my b-day, but two people added themselves to our party, and I couldn't get a ressie for all of us. While I was disappointed, trying O'Hana for the first time really made up for it!! :lol:

Oh, and the other characters at the Garden Grill were a little "meh" at first (especially Dale), but when Mickey started interacting with us, they all started being way more fun... especially when the two men we were with stood up to their 6 foot plus height and started pretending that they were going to rumble with the chipmunks (don't ask)!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom